View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Laz322's PC Specs

POST ID # = 877009
Laz322 Reputation: 10

Hey Snapper,

I can't get anywhere near 4.4GHz with that voltage. I can't even get 4.3GHz stable at a Vcore of 1.35v!

I honestly think it is my motherboard. It doesn't have LLC and it cannot be added via a Bios update (supposedly MSI would have to change the board itself to add LLC). I've never heard of a board that was advertised and an "Overclocking" motherboard that didn't have LLC ( I own the MSI Z170A Gaming M5).

I researched this board before I bought it, that's the sad part. Literally all of the Youtube reviews and website reviews said it was a great board for overclocking. Apparently all those reviews were either bull**** or the guys doing the reviewing never went beyond using the overclocking software, either that or they are receiving kickbacks for doing a positive review.

I'm not giving up but I am getting a bit frustrated at this point. I don't think I lost the Silicon Lottery either as I have finally dug up some negative comments by users who have experienced the exact same problems with this motherboard.

After all, the 6600K has a reputation for being easy to overclock without using huge amounts of voltage to get things stable.

Thanks,

-laz.