View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 04:46 PM
itsallpoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919088
itsallpoo Reputation: 10

You should be able to make the gas cartridge come off the bottom of the chair but it may be a little bit of a job. Most likely you will have to unscrew the bracket from the bottom of the chair and from there you should have access to the top of the gas cartridge, from here it could be easy or difficult, you will probably need a hammer and a punch sort of long metal thing that you can strike with the hammer on the top of the cartridge to push it out. You'll need two people or a bench with c clamps that can hold the chair while you insert the punch in the hole and hit it with a hammer. Obviously don't go hulk on it but you should be able to just pull upwards and the wheeled base will come off but getting it out of the chair bottom is the tough part. All office chairs are the same way to get the gas cartridge out. If it turns out to be a bad cartridge you can order replacements on ebay not too expensive unless you need one of the heavy duty ones for big folks and it doesn't hurt to order the ones for the big folks if you don't need it because they should last longer because they are made for more weight. I think I paid 40.00 for my last gas cartridge for 300 lb capacity. You will need a couple of measurements to get the right cartridge if they don't have a model list a good listing will show you where to measure etc. You also need to know how long the cartridge is, doesn't hurt to get a longer one unless you're a short person, too high you can't put your feet on the floor anymore. It looks tough but it's not I've changed them on several chairs a lot cheaper than a whole new chair and cheaper than shipping it back too!!!