Thread: Disappointed...
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 04:50 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004693
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 103

Link does not have the ability to take over anything in your current system, with the exception of a few PSU settings. It cannot control motherboard fan headers or anything else -- only monitor. If you prefer HWiNFO for that job, that's fine and you should be able to use that without the need for Link. HWiNFO should be able to register most PSU usage and power data.

The one thing HWiNFO can't do is change the fan curve on the RM750i. However, once you set that to what you want with Link (if you even feel you need to change it), you can uninstall or simply set Link not to run on start up. You can now use HWiNFO freely as you normally would. The one answer I don't have is if you will need the Link cable for the PSU. I have a different brand of PSU that does not have any special power monitoring software. I can read most relevant PSU data through HWiNFO. The one thing missing is PSU temp, but I approximate that another way with a exhaust temp probe. Close enough for me. I don't know if you will need the Link cable for HWiNFO to pick up the PSU temp data or if it can do it through the motherboard. "Power efficiency" may not get picked up by HWiNFO at all, although since it is a calculated rather than a measured value, it is more of a bell/whistle than critical metric.

Incidentally, Link went end of life a little over a year ago. The replacement program is iCUE, a merger of Link and the prior CUE2 program used to manage peripherals. I am NOT suggesting you try iCUE instead. It has a heavier GUI and is more useful for those with a broad spectrum of Corsair internal and external devices. I do not think it serves your needs. Just FYI and don't expect any further Link development.