Corsair Community

Replacing fans in 570x with LL RGB series.

RoninChaos

Hello,

I bought a 570X case for a new build and want to replace the front three fans with LLRGB120mm fans, put a LLRGB120MM fan in the back, and two LLRGB140MMs on the top. What exactly do I need in order to hook all this up so I get the best lighting effects possible? I've searched on the site and I see things like "Pro Control, hub controller, link, etc" and I'm not sure what specific products I actually need to make all 6 fans work together. Any suggestions?

Also, I can't seem to find a triple pack of the fans any where so i guess I'm buying them individually, so if someone can tell me specifically what I need to buy so I don't leave out any components I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corsair 570x Case Comes with 1 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 x Corsair SP RGB Fan LED Controller and 3 x SP 120 RGB Fans as standard

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub (Supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Commander Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (not supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Lighting Node Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-lighting-node-pro (not supplied with the 570x) (Node Pro is also supplied without LED strips with Triple LL120 and double LL140m Packs)

Would get Corsair LINK here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/downloads(can not be used along side the button controller in your case for LED Control, The Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro Replaces the button Controller)

Corsair LL series fans LED's can only be controlled by software.. There is no button controller option

Ideally you need a triple pack and 3 single packs to get You going as I think thats the cheapest way to get all 6??

in stock here (uk)

Triple pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

single pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-fan-single-pack

and I also recommend getting the commander pro

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (currently out of stock) but they do have them on scan (uk)

You would unplug the button controller in the back of Your case from the RGB Fan Led Hub your Fans LED cables are plugged into.. the button controller is no longer needed. and you would plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the 2 options below

(note You can keep your Current Rgb Fan LED hub supplied with Your case as its the same hub used will all of Corsairs RGB fans & You cant Mix Fan Types (LL/SP/HD/ML) on the same Hub and must be plugged in via ports 1 through to 6. Cant miss a port out... 3 fans.. ports 1/2/3)

option 1, plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the Node pro's led channels supplied with the Triple packs But you wont have control of RPM in corsair link

Option 2, Purchase the Commander Pro and plug Your RGB Fan Led Hub into one of its led channels, also plug Your fans PWM cables into the fan headers. this will give You both rgb and rpm control in Corsair Link#

Both the above options will require Connection to one of Your motherboards USB headers and a Sata Power Connection to Your PSU and both will Leave a LED channel free for some LED strips http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-led-lighting-pro-expansion-kit

wired up like so... (only connections not show in the diagrams are the Sata Power and USB to motherboard connections)

using the lighting node pro with RGB control via Corsair Link and controlling rpm via motherboard or other Fan controller..

4qcqpWr.jpg

and using commander pro using Corsair link to control both RGB and RPM

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

here is mine with LL fans (and a few hd's lol)

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

hope this helps.. feel free to ask any more questions needed bud,

Edited by Zotty

That is EXTREMELY helpful, thank you. Seriously.

Couple of questions, where are you hiding these things? And is your case the 570x? Where did you get the power supply shroud?

And you're using 120s in the top? Any reason to go with 140s or should I stick with 120s? I also noticed you have a fan on the shroud. How come?

Thanks again for your response. This was very, VERY helpful.

Edited by RoninChaos

That is EXTREMELY helpful, thank you. Seriously.

Couple of questions,

1, where are you hiding these things?

2, is your case the 570x?

3,Where did you get the power supply shroud?

4, And you're using 120s in the top? Any reason to go with 140s or should I stick with 120s? I also noticed you have a fan on the shroud. How come?

Thanks again for your response. This was very, VERY helpful.

1, Commander Pro is stuck to the back of my psu and the others are where ever i could stick them in the back lol..

2, yeah Gen 1 without the cable grommet in the top of the psu shroud.

3, From the Corsair on line store (i'm in the uk)

4, yeah using 120's all around, i did have 2 HD140's up there but the cut outs for the fans partially cover 140mms.. 120's look better imho.

and no probs Buddy ... happy to help :)

LOL how much of a bitch is it to wire this all up? Seems like I have a hell of a job ahead of me.

I enjoyed wiring it up... making all the cables tidy was another matter lol. which i have given up on. but i have a super secret plan underway,,, that involves even more RGB lol

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Thank you to whoever made this image. Very helpful.

Are the cooler fans connected to CPU header for speed control? (do I need to put a PVM splitter here also?

I have a question on the PVM splitter. Which one should I buy and will it be possible to control fan speeds with it?

Are all the six fans connected in parallel or are the connected individually to the commander pro? Do I connect just one fan cable to the PVM splitter (From the six) and then connect the other two to it (are these in parallel ?).

Do I need more than 1 PVM splitter?

Here is a list of things I need to connect.

6 LL 120 mm fans

2 LL 140 mm fans (Mounted to the cooler)

2 RGB LED Strips

I have 2 Lightning node pro that came with the fans and 1 Commander pro.

All assistance is appreciated.

Assuming that you have one of the Corsair coolers ...

Many of the Corsair coolers plug into a fan header on the motherboard (usually CPU Fan). This is for power only, not control. It does report RPM to the motherboard so it doesn't give you a warning about no CPU fan. It is also very important that you set the fan header that the cooler is plugged into to 100%.

With what you described, you wouldn't need to have any splitters. (Zotty needs them because he has 10 fans - 2 of them are controlled from the cooler and 8 from the C-Pro.) The cooler fans can be plugged in to the fan header from the cooler. The other 6 fans go into the C-Pro. No splitters required. That said, splitters can also be a matter of convenience; if you want to manage 2 fans as a single unit with a single fan curve, then a splitter would help make that easier ... you'd manage them as though they were a single fan. I have some of mine set up like that for exactly that reason.

You'll need one of the LNPs, not both. You can also plug the USB for the LNP and the cooler into the C-Pro, and then the C-Pro into the motherboard USB header. Now, when you say "2 RGB LED strips" ... is that 2 individual strips or 2 of the 4-strip expansion packs? One node on the LNP or C-Pro can control 4 strips (1 expansion pack). You would also need to use 2 RGB Fan Controller Hubs for your fans; they only support 6 at a time and you can't use splitters with them at all. How you split them up between the controllers is totally up to you. Just keep in mind that you'll be able to have effects between fans on a single LNP/C-Pro RGB LED node. So if you want to have Pong on six of the fans, they should all be on the same controller and the order of them will matter.

This is one option. You do have some flexibility in how you arrange things since you'll have a mostly-unused LED Fan Hub. Hope this helps:

Drawing928538.png?psid=1

(And Zotty did the original drawing; I copied this from his)

• Confused 1

Assuming that you have one of the Corsair coolers ...

Many of the Corsair coolers plug into a fan header on the motherboard (usually CPU Fan). This is for power only, not control. It does report RPM to the motherboard so it doesn't give you a warning about no CPU fan. It is also very important that you set the fan header that the cooler is plugged into to 100%.

With what you described, you wouldn't need to have any splitters. (Zotty needs them because he has 10 fans - 2 of them are controlled from the cooler and 8 from the C-Pro.) The cooler fans can be plugged in to the fan header from the cooler. The other 6 fans go into the C-Pro. No splitters required. That said, splitters can also be a matter of convenience; if you want to manage 2 fans as a single unit with a single fan curve, then a splitter would help make that easier ... you'd manage them as though they were a single fan. I have some of mine set up like that for exactly that reason.

You'll need one of the LNPs, not both. You can also plug the USB for the LNP and the cooler into the C-Pro, and then the C-Pro into the motherboard USB header. Now, when you say "2 RGB LED strips" ... is that 2 individual strips or 2 of the 4-strip expansion packs? One node on the LNP or C-Pro can control 4 strips (1 expansion pack). You would also need to use 2 RGB Fan Controller Hubs for your fans; they only support 6 at a time and you can't use splitters with them at all. How you split them up between the controllers is totally up to you. Just keep in mind that you'll be able to have effects between fans on a single LNP/C-Pro RGB LED node. So if you want to have Pong on six of the fans, they should all be on the same controller and the order of them will matter.

This is one option. You do have some flexibility in how you arrange things since you'll have a mostly-unused LED Fan Hub. Hope this helps:

Drawing928538.png?psid=1

(And Zotty did the original drawing; I copied this from his)

DevBiker, thank you so much for this blue print.

I started to build my pc today and was running into other bios issues so could not check this till this late.

I realized that I need to put another 140 LL fan at the rear as the stock fan in the rear did not make sense.

I have listed everything I have in my build at the bottom and updated the corsair list here:

2 Lightning Strips

6 LL 120 MM Fans

3 LL 140 MM Fans ( Ordered one more today for the rear) (I see I can connect its RGB part to the FAN LED Controller, but where can I put its RPM controller as the commander already has 6 and the 2 Cooler Fans are going to CPU headers on the motherboard). I do have USB hub should I just put it there?

Will these all show up on corsair link no matter where I put the RPM control cables?

The 2 140 are mounted on the Kraken 62x ( Should I connect these two the MB CPU fans?) And can I connect the Kraken to the Commander Pro

(Probably not but thought I would ask).

Thank you again for taking the time to make the blue print. Very much appreciated.

My PC PARTS

Ryzen 1900x

EVGA 1070 Ti

Asus Zenith Extreme MB

G.Skilll Trident Z RGB 32GB

Kraken 62x cooler

Corsair 512 M.2

Corsair 6 LL 120 Fans

Corsair 3 LL 140 Fans ( 2 on kraken)

Corsair 2 Light Strips

1 NZXT USB internal hub

(No other ssd or hdd so far,planning to use old HDDs for storage, old KB and Mouse).

Thanks again.

For the additional fan, you can either go old-school and connect it to the motherboard or you can get a splitter and connect two fans to a single commander port. Now, you won't be able to control the fans individually so you'll want to connect two identical fans to the splitter.

For the additional fan, you can either go old-school and connect it to the motherboard or you can get a splitter and connect two fans to a single commander port. Now, you won't be able to control the fans individually so you'll want to connect two identical fans to the splitter.

Thanks for your post. But will I be able to control the fan from Corsair Link if I connect it directly to a port on the MB?

Alright got it. Can I connect two commander pro in serial and use it USB ports to control non corsair devices?

certainly can daisy chain Commander pro's buddy.. and yeah can use the Commanders usb headers for any usb device. (not teaching you to suck eggs bud but only corsair products will work with Corsair Link ;) )

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I was finally building my PC and did everything according to the picture above but I can seem to figure out where to put the power for the rear 140 fan.

I have the kraken x62 and not corsair AIO.

So I have 3 140 fans and 6 120 fans. Everything is fine except I wanted to know i could connect it to the link rather than plug it into a MB header.

Please let me know. Much appreciated.

Also do I have to connect LN Pro, 6 RGB HUB X2 and Commander Pro each to separate SATA power cables? I mean all them need to be connected to power right?

Edited by ZONITIUM

Hey guys, I was finally building my PC and did everything according to the picture above but I can seem to figure out where to put the power for the rear 140 fan.

I have the kraken x62 and not corsair AIO.

So I have 3 140 fans and 6 120 fans. Everything is fine except I wanted to know i could connect it to the link rather than plug it into a MB header.

Please let me know. Much appreciated.

Also do I have to connect LN Pro, 6 RGB HUB X2 and Commander Pro each to separate SATA power cables? I mean all them need to be connected to power right?

I assume you mean to control its Rpm?.. if so.. use a PWM splitter and put it with one of your other fans on the commander??.. would only appear as one fan in LINK....

I assume you mean to control its Rpm?.. if so.. use a PWM splitter and put it with one of your other fans on the commander??.. would only appear as one fan in LINK....

I was able to connect it to a fan port on the MB.

I have a new issue. Everything is well wired and was working in default rainbow pattern.

After I made the system stable and installed win 10 64 and then Corsair Link all light went off. I do not have a clue what happened.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it nothing happened except one LED section is lit and a one 120 fan, everything else is still off.

Any ideas what happened?

It does tell me that the Firmware on the Com Pro and LN Pro needs to be updated. I hit OK and nothing happens.

How do I update this firmware? Maybe that will solve the issue.

Thanks again...zzzz

• 1 month later...

Hey man, I'm pretty new to the commander pro/lighting node etc... I am wondering what pwm splitter/s do you use?

The Corsair 570x Case Comes with 1 x Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub and 1 x Corsair SP RGB Fan LED Controller and 3 x SP 120 RGB Fans as standard

Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-fan-led-hub (Supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Commander Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (not supplied with the 570x)

Corsair Lighting Node Pro http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-lighting-node-pro (not supplied with the 570x) (Node Pro is also supplied without LED strips with Triple LL120 and double LL140m Packs)

Would get Corsair LINK here http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/downloads(can not be used along side the button controller in your case for LED Control, The Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro Replaces the button Controller)

Corsair LL series fans LED's can only be controlled by software.. There is no button controller option

Ideally you need a triple pack and 3 single packs to get You going as I think thats the cheapest way to get all 6??

in stock here (uk)

Triple pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-3-fan-pack-with-lighting-node-pro

single pack http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/ll120-rgb-120mm-dual-light-loop-rgb-led-pwm-fan-single-pack

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-pro (currently out of stock) but they do have them on scan (uk)

You would unplug the button controller in the back of Your case from the RGB Fan Led Hub your Fans LED cables are plugged into.. the button controller is no longer needed. and you would plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the 2 options below

(note You can keep your Current Rgb Fan LED hub supplied with Your case as its the same hub used will all of Corsairs RGB fans & You cant Mix Fan Types (LL/SP/HD/ML) on the same Hub and must be plugged in via ports 1 through to 6. Cant miss a port out... 3 fans.. ports 1/2/3)

option 1, plug the RGB Fan Led Hub into one of the Node pro's led channels supplied with the Triple packs But you wont have control of RPM in corsair link

Option 2, Purchase the Commander Pro and plug Your RGB Fan Led Hub into one of its led channels, also plug Your fans PWM cables into the fan headers. this will give You both rgb and rpm control in Corsair Link#

Both the above options will require Connection to one of Your motherboards USB headers and a Sata Power Connection to Your PSU and both will Leave a LED channel free for some LED strips http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-rgb-led-lighting-pro-expansion-kit

wired up like so... (only connections not show in the diagrams are the Sata Power and USB to motherboard connections)

using the lighting node pro with RGB control via Corsair Link and controlling rpm via motherboard or other Fan controller..

4qcqpWr.jpg

LFYVKSJ.jpg

dont worry that those are HD fans.. wiring is the same for all corsairs RGB fans...

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

Why does one head have to have 3 pins and the other 4? Please forgive me for asking so many questions

No worries, dude. That's why the forum is here. The third wire that should be missing from one of the cables reports the fan speed (RPM). You should only have this reported from a single fan. If you have two RPM signals coming down that 3rd wire, it'll cause some major issues with fan speed reporting.

Pins 1 and 2 are for power (+ 12V). Pin 3 is for RPM. Pin 4, which needs to be on both, is for the PWM signal.

Thanks a lot dude! :D

No worries, dude. That's why the forum is here. The third wire that should be missing from one of the cables reports the fan speed (RPM). You should only have this reported from a single fan. If you have two RPM signals coming down that 3rd wire, it'll cause some major issues with fan speed reporting.

Pins 1 and 2 are for power (+ 12V). Pin 3 is for RPM. Pin 4, which needs to be on both, is for the PWM signal.

• 3 weeks later...

in stock here (uk)

4qcqpWr.jpg

LFYVKSJ.jpg

QaJwdUKh.jpg

Bz32H1gh.jpg

K9yXvCzh.jpg

I need help!!, but I do not speak so much English, have 4 LL120 RGB and 1 LL140 but I cannot raise 140, only I have a Lighting Node PRO and a FAN RGB LED CONTROLLER, which brought the package LL120, of what I am getting lost? Do I need the comander pro necessarily?