Corsair Community

Corsair USBXp Driver?

Gr0u

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is an update on this issue?

I have just run into this issue today after I was prompted to updated my Corsair LINK app to version 4.8.2.1

After the update my H100i V2 has completely disappeared from the app.

I'm also seeing the USBXp Driver error in my windows settings.

Any official solutions yet?

• Corsair Employee

We have to reproduce the issue internally and figure out why the driver signing is malfunctioning only some of the time. This isn't affecting everyone, just a subset of users.

We have to isolate what the actual problem is because it's not just a simple case of a bad driver signature, and then we have to fix the driver. It could also depend on which driver within Corsair Link needs to be fixed. Problems which seem superficially simple can actually be extremely complex to solve.

We have to reproduce the issue internally and figure out why the driver signing is malfunctioning only some of the time. This isn't affecting everyone, just a subset of users.

We have to isolate what the actual problem is because it's not just a simple case of a bad driver signature, and then we have to fix the driver. It could also depend on which driver within Corsair Link needs to be fixed. Problems which seem superficially simple can actually be extremely complex to solve.

So any solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is how I fixed my problem. No clue if all steps are required.

I have a h115i and had 4.9.0.57 installed, but had the problem with driver signature. Based on huppra's answer, I uninstalled 4.9.0.57 and installed 4.8.3.8.

Nothing changed, still had the problem with the USB driver not signed.

So I went in the device manager, double clicked on "Corsair USBXp Driver", went to the "Driver" tab and clicked "Update Driver".

Searching the driver automatically would tell me I had the latest version.

I clicked "Browse my computer for driver software" and entered "C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4". It sill told me I had the latest version when I clicked next.

I went back to the browse my computer for driver software screen, and instead I clicked on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer".

I had two choices, Corsair HydroSeries H115i or HydroSeries H115i. Selecting either was telling my the driver has an authenticode signature. I think I ended up selecting "HydroSeries H115i", I don't know if it matters.

(if all the choices I had were signed, where did the unsigned driver come from? No clue!)

After that, the driver was fine! I opened LINK and my H115i was showing there!

Unfortunately, my CPU temp seemed much higher than before - looking at the changelog, that was fixed in 4.9.0.57 for Ryzen.

So I opened the 4.9.0.57 installer and upgraded my version from 4.8.3.8. The USB driver stayed fine somehow, I could see my H115i in the LINK app, and my CPU temp was back to normal!

Edited by kevindqc

I appreciate the offer. It looks like we've been able to reproduce it internally, and it's an intermittent issue. Progress has at least been made, though.

I'm glad the progress is currently being made although I can't believe it took you so long to fix the bug. For such premium brand and gears, it's really sad to see software department of your company has little (or slow) support response. Please tell your CEO to give more budget for your developers so they can work on fixing things like this faster. Please listen, do not get offended easily because I'm your paid customer.

I'm using Corsair LINK 4.9.0.57,

ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura,

Windows 10 Pro x64 (latest patch),

Corsair H115i

and have this USBXp driver error after reformatting my system. Back then (not sure which version), I did not have this problem, just the recent Corsair LINK driver update.

This problem shows 411 event id error on my windows event viewer log everytime I restart my PC.

Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A\7289_2.0 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem9.inf
Class Guid: {HIDDEN}
Service: SIUSBXP
Lower Filters: 
Upper Filters: 
Problem: 0x34
Problem Status: 0xC0000428

Error 400 event ID:

Device USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A\7289_2.0 was configured.

Driver Name: oem9.inf
Class Guid: {HIDDEN}
Driver Date: 07/14/2010
Driver Version: 3.3.0.0
Driver Provider: Corsair Components, Inc.
Driver Section: DriverInstall.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0001
Matching Device Id: USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C0A
Outranked Drivers: 
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&1148bc98&0&0

I can't change the Corsair LED color from the Corsair LINK software anymore. The fan on my RM750i is also not working correctly. Changing the profile (performance, balanced, quiet) has no effect at all. If the pump fails or leak, this could destroy my i7-6700k, z170 mobo, and geforce 1080, and my precious data in my m.2 SSD... Please hear your customer, this is a serious problem. Do not delay your development.

On the other hand, I also bought K70 RGB Lux, Schimitar RGB, VOID Wireless, MM800 Polaris, and using your Vengeance LED 16GB kit with Obsidian 450D case! You can call me Corsair fan boy but this time I'm really disappointed. I have to un-plug and re-plug either the keyboard or mouse USB cable from my rear USB 3.0 ports in order to get them working almost everytime I turn on my PC (red exclamation mark on the notification icon of CUE 2.18.81 with latest firmware for all my gears)...

Please forgive my grammar as I'm not a native english speaker. TQ.

Edited by rangka_kacang
Update error logs

Well I have now been here for around 7 hours trying to sort this problem. Hundreds of google searches and I finally found this page. Just got my H80I today, was running temp tests wasnt getting what I expected, So took fans off and made sure they were the right way etc.

To be honest I tried everything, then I noticed my cooler was not coming up in link. Only two fan speeds one at 1500 and the other 1200. So then I found this page and downloaded an older version and AT LAST. I hear the fans change sound, I see the cooler in the software. Only problem I have now is I cant see my fans correctly. I would like Cooler Fan 1 and cooler fan 2. So i know what is what. But I cant work it out. Im guessing the update fixed this, but when I install the update. Cooler goes back to limp mode and the software doesn't work. Any news on a fix? I was so close to sending this back before I found this "fix"

• Corsair Employee

Anyone running into this issue can try rolling back to a previous version of CL4. Here's a handy link for 4.7 to try: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.7.0.77.zip

Please let us know if that resolves the issue for you while we figure this out.

Edit:

Adding a download link for 4.8.3.8 as well.

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.8.3.8.zip

Edited by Corsair CJ
Added direct download link for CL 4.8.3.8

Anyone running into this issue can try rolling back to a previous version of CL4. Here's a handy link for 4.7 to try: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.7.0.77.zip

Edit:

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/Corsair-Link/Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.8.3.8.zip

I just used 4.7.0.77 and it solved the problem.

Edit:

Hi, CJ.

I've tried 4.8.3.8 but it did not detect my H115i.

However, my radiator fans and pump started working as usual after I installed 4.7.0.77.

Thank you for the direct link. This is the best temporary solution so far.

Here's my new screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=31286&d=1506777385

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.64761e735a05bb142e784a5c4ef6f7af.jpg

Edited by rangka_kacang
Added attachment

My experience :

For various problems I decided to reinstall my Windows 10 x64 cleanly.

Before reinstalling my Windows, Corsair LINK 4.8.3.8 and 4.9.0.57 were not working.

After reinstalling my Windows 10 (Befor Creator Update) I installed very quickly Corsair LINK 4.8.3.8. It operated for about 48 hours. :grand sourire:

Then the bug came back.

After installing hardware in my PC, installing software, modifying the Bios of the Motherboard !!!!! ?? I do not know.

So I returned to Corsair LINK 4.7.0.77 and this version works.

Unfortunately, I am unable to say when Corsair LINK 4.8.3.8 stopped working. It was running on a fresh installation of my Windows 10 x64.

P. S. : My messages are written in French, then translated with Google Translate before being posted. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by French_User

Same here. And it seems that the problem has been there for years. Corsair doesn't want/know how to sign drivers ?

edit : working on v4.7.0.77 :!:, I'll block all updates. Please Corsair post in here when a newer & working version is out.

Edited by Adelscott

Edit:

I have the h115i. Not sure what driver I was on but about two hours ago the fan speed started running at full blast yet the whole case was heating up; couldn't see it in the Corsair Link software.

After trying a few things I finally found this thread and can confirm that 4.7 passes signing again. This lets me run fans @ lowest, pump at highest and case is back to being cool.

Thanks for the info; please let us know when it's safe to accept a new version again. As a C# developer (fortunately not of Windows drivers) I get that there must be a lot of intricacies around it. Cheers.

Hello all, new here, but thought I'd chime in with what worked for me.

After doing the latest Corsair Link update (4.9.0.57) I had the Corsair USBXp Driver unsigned error fault also.

So I uninstalled the device and it's software using device manager check box,

and then uninstalled Corsair Link, (checked the all configuration files check box), using the (4.9.0.57) installer.

Then reinstalled Version (4.3.0.154) which fortunately I still had in my downloads folder. This installed a different driver (which seemed to be a newer driver than the latest update), which worked. Then I was able to update Corsair Link using it's built-in updater. Not using the newest downloaded version (4.9.0.57).

So, has an older driver been inadvertently attached to the latest Corsair Link version?

Edit:

Oops :!oops:,

just seen this also,

uninstalled drivers and hardware again as above.

Installed Corsair Link version 4.8.3.8, and it seems to work.

Thanks!