Corsair Community

Corsair m65 LAG ISSUE

Sunset_Skyline

Can you clarify what you mean by lag? Is it such that your mouse icon is slow to react to the mouse movement? Does it happen only in Windows, in game, etc? Are you also using a TV for a monitor, etc?

there is a delay on the mouse movement, i have tried on tv and monitor...

it lags everywhere...

• Corsair Employee
There is going to be some delay when using it with a big screen TV (all mice have this issue) but for the monitor, this should not be happening (especially with the firmware fix). I really do need more information in order to help you.

There is going to be some delay when using it with a big screen TV (all mice have this issue) but for the monitor, this should not be happening (especially with the firmware fix). I really do need more information in order to help you.

Allright, my tv it's a panasonic viera 3d 600hz 50inch.

Monitors that i got (I use only 1 monitor):

Samsung Syncmaster S22B350H LED Monitor 21.5 "

BenQ XL2420T 24"

Asus MX279H

Asus VS228H

I have tried vga,hdmi,dvi... still lags.:mad:

there is a delay on the mouse movement, i have tried on tv and monitor...

it lags everywhere...

Not sure if this applies to you but do you have mouse acceleration on or off in your Corsair mouse software and/or in the windows mouse options?

Also, take a look on google about MarkC_Windows7_MouseFix. It could help.

Not sure if this applies to you but do you have mouse acceleration on or off in your Corsair mouse software and/or in the windows mouse options?

Also, take a look on google about MarkC_Windows7_MouseFix. It could help.

Everything stock, i only adjusted the dpi...

I don't have windows 7 but windows 8... :mad:

I'm not sure how the Windows 8 works but if you type mouse into the start search you'll get a mouse link and click on it and you'll get a mouse properties window. Then click on the pointer options tab and see what you've got for the motion option and enhance pointer precision option.

The windows 7 mouse fix will fix this part for you on Windows 7 but you have 8 so I'm not sure about that.

As for the acceleration go over your corsair software to see if the option is there.

This is very likely not about Corsair's products.

Many gaming mice nowadays feature the Avago ADNS-9800 sensor, which is supposed to be the ultimate high-end product in terms of sensor technology.

Although it is being advertised as THE best available sensor, it is far from flawless. Firstly, it spots inherent acceleration, which cannot be disabled in software as it is build into the sensor itself. Most people won't even notice this, because the amount of accel is quite low and also dependent on the surface the mouse is used on.

A greater problem is another algorithm built into the sensor in order to achieve its very high dpi. This algorith applies so called "smoothing" to straighten the cursor's movement and prevent jitter. As this is being calculated by the MCU of the mouse prior to transfering movement data to the PC, it leads to a very slight delay. Again, not everyone is able to see that, sensitive users often speak of a "floating" cursor.

Firmware updates, like the one provided by Corsair, decrease the amount of smoothing used and therefore decrease "floating", "delay", "lag" or whatever you want to call it. Nontheless, they cannot remove it completely, as dpi rates at above 6000 would become extremely jittery and very inaccurate as a consequence.

In its current state, only very few people can pin the problem down at all. 98% of mankind will be absolutely satisfied by the performance provided. Still, there will be people able to still notice the calculation done be the MCU.

I cannot guarantee it, of course, still it is possible that you are one of those people. If so, every ADNS-9800 mouse on the market will annoy you in the same way - a result of the (extremely unnecessary) race for higher dpi. In this case, mice with ADNS-3090 (Corsair Raptor M40 for example,non-laser, but LED-based instead) will provide you a superior experience.

This is very likely not about Corsair's products.

Many gaming mice nowadays feature the Avago ADNS-9800 sensor, which is supposed to be the ultimate high-end product in terms of sensor technology.

Although it is being advertised as THE best available sensor, it is far from flawless. Firstly, it spots inherent acceleration, which cannot be disabled in software as it is build into the sensor itself. Most people won't even notice this, because the amount of accel is quite low and also dependent on the surface the mouse is used on.

A greater problem is another algorithm built into the sensor in order to achieve its very high dpi. This algorith applies so called "smoothing" to straighten the cursor's movement and prevent jitter. As this is being calculated by the MCU of the mouse prior to transfering movement data to the PC, it leads to a very slight delay. Again, not everyone is able to see that, sensitive users often speak of a "floating" cursor.

Firmware updates, like the one provided by Corsair, decrease the amount of smoothing used and therefore decrease "floating", "delay", "lag" or whatever you want to call it. Nontheless, they cannot remove it completely, as dpi rates at above 6000 would become extremely jittery and very inaccurate as a consequence.

In its current state, only very few people can pin the problem down at all. 98% of mankind will be absolutely satisfied by the performance provided. Still, there will be people able to still notice the calculation done be the MCU.

I cannot guarantee it, of course, still it is possible that you are one of those people. If so, every ADNS-9800 mouse on the market will annoy you in the same way - a result of the (extremely unnecessary) race for higher dpi. In this case, mice with ADNS-3090 (Corsair Raptor M40 for example,non-laser, but LED-based instead) will provide you a superior experience.

But mine has like half to 1 second of delay!.

It's noticeble very easily!

Example.

MM:SS

00:00 I Start to move the mouse

00:01 I stopped to move the mouse

00:02 The pointer on the desktop starts to move

00:03 The poiner stops.

Archived