Corsair Community

Problems Sourcing Cables For RGB Fan Hub

Cavalry Canuck

Good Day.

After much difficulty* I was able to acquire a pair of RGB Fan Hubs. Unfortunately, they did not come with the male-male cables needed for them to properly interface with either the Commander Pro or the LED Node. Where might I be able to acquire these cables?

*Had a hard time even acquiring the RGB Fan Hub. At the time of purchase (summer 2018), the fan kits available on the Canadian versions of Amazon and Newegg came with LED Nodes instead of RGB Fan Hubs. The American and international versions came with the appropriate RGB Fan Hub, but when I attempted to purchase them, I would always be redirected to the Canadian sites where, as said, the only packages available came with the LED Node instead of the RGB Fan Hub.

For a significant period of time, the RGB Fan Hub wasn’t even available as a stand-alone item on the Canadian sites, though it was on the American and International sites. Again, when attempting to make a purchase, I would be redirected to the Canadian sites, which would promptly tell me that “such and such product is not available/does not appear to exist.”

Finally Amazon posted it for sale last fall. I purchased two, which shipped in from the UK. They came as the RGB Fan Hubs only. No spare cables (just the attached SATA power cable), no Corsair literature, etc. They didn’t even come in the fancy black and yellow box, just a pair of non-descript brown cardboard boxes with bubble wrap.

Has anyone else had this issue with the availability of the RGB Fan Hub in Canada, or can shed some light onto why we were singled out for a product exclusion?

Thanks for your time,

Matthew

Yes, finding these cables is a nightmare. I do not understand why. Check my signature for details on how to make the cables.

Or you can buy them here: https://www.ebay.com/str/piratedogtech.

Thanks for the link. I may end up building cables rather than buying them, now that I kkow it can be done.

Any idea why the RGB Fan Splitter is such a PITA to get ahold of in Canada? Yes I have mine, but I can’t be the only one who had this issue, and it would be nice if others could do a quick search on here, and get the answers they need.

Archived