Corsair Community

How to permanently remove iCUE?

socalfusions

iCUE doesn't override your desktop wallpaper. What makes you think that it is?

Well I'm only assuming that's the case because after I've set a wallpaper through both the default desktop menu and also the Steam Wallpaper Engine program, iCUE seems to persistently override both and doesn't go away, it requires me to manually change the wallpaper which is very frustrating. I removed Corsair utility engine but that didn't seem to fix the issue, any ideas on how to remove it?

theres another person who said this happened but i couldnt manage to reproduce it. He had his icue unchecked which made Zero sense. I HAVE seen wallpaper engine rotate through various installed themes.

Unrelated it is sick now that they appear to have full icue integration in just about every theme? It wasn't like that a month or so ago? according to this it is working in every 2d one: https://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/2/1752358461528200452/

theres another person who said this happened but i couldnt manage to reproduce it. He had his icue unchecked which made Zero sense. I HAVE seen wallpaper engine rotate through various installed themes.

Unrelated it is sick now that they appear to have full icue integration in just about every theme? It wasn't like that a month or so ago? according to this it is working in every 2d one: https://steamcommunity.com/app/431960/discussions/2/1752358461528200452/

I've never seen this happen either.

As for removing iCUE, go to add/remove programs.

But are you sure that it isn't WPE with an iCUE-related theme?

Looks like it is related to WPE as upon closing it down completely the iCUE wallpaper disappeared, double checked to see that the icue box was unchecked and also made sure to delete the installed icue wallpapers themselves but they still show up on their own, is their some more specific method of deleting these wallpapers?

Your directory will likely be different, but I assume if you relocate the corsair directories from here:

G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\projects\defaultprojects

to someplace else, i bet itll stop happening?

Your directory will likely be different, but I assume if you relocate the corsair directories from here:

G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\wallpaper_engine\projects\defaultprojects

Just deleted those, sounds like it will work thanks.

Just deleted those, sounds like it will work thanks.

Archived