Corsair Community

Is this airflow configuration good on my Corsair 750D?

JerkyMcDilerino

might be better to swap the two top fans to exhaust, if for no other reason than hot air rises,

the front pair of 140's should be pulling enough hair in that you don't even need the top pair to be powered on most of the time, try it with them unplugged if you don't have a fan controller to power them off with and see if it makes a difference to how everything is running.

oh and too much air flow pushing into the case and not enough getting out is just as bad as not enough getting in in the first place /

My first instinct would be to switch the top fan to exhaust as well. You will get some passive heat radiation out the top of the air tower and it is probably better to remove it from the case, rather than push it down toward the GPU, your other heat source. That said, sometimes things don't work out as you expect. It would take all of five minutes to flip the top fans and run them the other way. You can always try it and see.

well if you have the space and another fan fit one the bottom as intake,

this will then give you as many fans sucking air in as fans pushing air out,

what sort of graphics card do you have, is it reference (blower style) or AIB (twin or triple fan that dumps heat into the case) ?

if its the former then you will definatly have negative pressure in the case and need to add more intake or disable one of the extractors, myself I have in the past run the forward top fan as intake and the rear top fan as extractor which kept the air moving round the case better with an aib graphics card (although that case was also full of occupied drive bays) and the front was a water cooler ...

well if you have the space and another fan fit one the bottom as intake,

this will then give you as many fans sucking air in as fans pushing air out,

what sort of graphics card do you have, is it reference (blower style) or AIB (twin or triple fan that dumps heat into the case) ?

if its the former then you will definatly have negative pressure in the case and need to add more intake or disable one of the extractors, myself I have in the past run the forward top fan as intake and the rear top fan as extractor which kept the air moving round the case better with an aib graphics card (although that case was also full of occupied drive bays) and the front was a water cooler ...

ASUS Strix GTX 970 and I think adding the bottom fan as an intake will not going to move that much cool air in compare to the front intake in my setup and environment.

I might get a reference GTX 980 on Ebay if I manage to sell my CSGO knife which cost around $250 on Opskins or $350 on Steam.

You may be surprised, that bottom fan can introduce a fair amount of cool air into your case, although it will need to be filtered. The exception would be if your case is stood on a carpet, this would limit the airflow, but even this can be overcome by standing it on a thickish piec of wood.

ASUS Strix GTX 970 and I think adding the bottom fan as an intake will not going to move that much cool air in compare to the front intake in my setup and environment.

I might get a reference GTX 980 on Ebay if I manage to sell my CSGO knife which cost around $250 on Opskins or $350 on Steam.

most folks advise 2 fans on the front as intake 1 on the bottom and no exhaust fans, if you have a radiator on the front and space then push pull on that as intake and 1 on the bottom as intake

the bottom air intake pulls in more air than the front radiator mounted fans do theres no need for the exhaust fans because all that air coming in from the front /bottom has to leave the case so it will exit via the top /rear all of its own accord, the only reason to encourage the direction of air flow through htop/rear extractor fans is if your case is full of airflow obstructers

the bottom intake fan will increase the cold air available to the graphics card and reduce the overall heat inside the case...

I wish my current case had the space to mount a fan In the bottom so I could increase cooling but since that's where the hdd's are mounted I just have to suffer with 10 degrees more heat /

Archived