Corsair Community

upgrading motherboard to max capacity

PixelComposer

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 w/ an AMD fx 8350 8 core.

I've got 16gb now but one of the dims is not being recognized so seemed like a good time to upgrade.

I saw a 16gb kit (2x8gb) for 139$ but I'm getting confused with the memory finder.

I know the motherboard can handle up to 32gb but ill be damned if I have any idea which one is compatable...

I found one but it didn't say anything about amd, just intel.. so I'm hesitant to purchase anything.

• Corsair Employee
I have an Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 w/ an AMD fx 8350 8 core.

I've got 16gb now but one of the dims is not being recognized so seemed like a good time to upgrade.

I saw a 16gb kit (2x8gb) for 139$ but I'm getting confused with the memory finder.

I know the motherboard can handle up to 32gb but ill be damned if I have any idea which one is compatable...

I found one but it didn't say anything about amd, just intel.. so I'm hesitant to purchase anything.

You can try looking at the QVL for your motherboard on ASUS' website. You'll be able to apply XMP using ASUS' D.O.C.P. feature in your motherboard BIOS. As far as what speed to go with, I believe that particular platform caps out at 1866MHz if I recall correctly.

Archived