Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 Driver Install Error

koolhawk

I Recently bought a Vengeance 1500 headset and when i try to install the drivers it gets to 50% then stops and the installer ends and says Install Error your system has not been modified.

Ive tried uninstalling any old audio drivers, restarting.

Help?

• 1 month later...

Having the exact same problem with my HS1 :(

They worked perfectly up until last night, when I had to format my HDD cause it wouldn't boot into windows. Here's the exact error message I get from the installer:

Install error

The system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run the installation again.

Click Finish to exit the wizard.

What do?

EDIT: Got it working.

Opened Device Manager, told windows to search automatically for updated driver, which it did.

Then I simply installed the new Corsair USB Headset (Version 1.1.1) driver on top, and voila - it's asking me to restart my computer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I Recently bought a Vengeance 1500 headset and when i try to install the drivers it gets to 50% then stops and the installer ends and says Install Error your system has not been modified.

Ive tried uninstalling any old audio drivers, restarting.

Help?

I am having this exact problem. All i want is the controlpanel/eq for Vengeance 1500 (so i can increase the bass).

If i open the device manager i click on "Sound, Video and game controllers"

Under that tab i have the Corsair Vengeance 1500 the driver properties under the headset is as following

Driver Provider: Corsair

Driver Date: 2011-06-16

Driver Version: 7.0.8.2150

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher

It's really annoying not being able to use the headset to it's fullest (note, i have sound in the headset)

I have tried the headset in a friends computer. He did not get any errors whilst installing, and yes, he got the controlpanel right away.

His and my OS is the same

Only real diffreance is that he uses ASUS sabertooth motherboard and i use the one in my PC specs

Can someone help me before i go crazy here? :eeeeek:

That's correct. While installing the drivers I got "Your system has not been modified" error. I do not have the eq.

But what you are saying is that the drivers installed correctly ?

Thx for the time you are putting into this

// xitor

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I just got my Vengeance 1500 headset and I`m having the exact same problem. The "Update Driver" method didn`t worked for me.

I had a HS1 headset, but it snapped last week, and because of that i just got a new 1500 to replace my old HS1, but this driver problem is driving me nuts.

Archived