Corsair Community

Does the Vengeance 1500 work on PS3?

Ichirei

I doubt they would work well. They may work as stereo headphones with a microphone, but they will not likely allow 7.1 channel mapping or have even decent audio quality. They were designed with only PCs in mind, so the PS3 is a mystery.

If you are looking to purchase a headset for the PS3 you should look for something where others have tried it and it works. You will not be offered a refund if these do not work for the PS3.

I wish I could tell you how it would work, but I lack a PS3 to test with. Good luck to you with whatever solution you use.

Thanks for the answer, OmniNegro!

The problem is that I like very much this headset and it has very positive reviews, and the price is awesome, so... well, if you already have it, could you please test them one of these days (even weeks, no hurry) on the PS3 of a friend, or where you can find one?

Thank you!

Sadly I am quite a hermit. I rarely leave my home and have honestly never even seen a PS3. Most of my friends are PC gamers. I tend not to get along well with console gamers since I think that consoles are responsible for the lacking quality of PC games these days.

Also, I have the HS1, not the Vengeance 1500. They are based upon the same identical DAC, but there are differences I cannot account for.

If I happen to find someone nearby that has one I will be certain to ask to test it. But frankly that is probably not going to happen. Sorry to disappoint you.

Archived