Corsair Community

Corsair One Pro - Blue Screen & Other Issues

Megabeard

I've had a Corsair One Pro for about 2 months. I've got a couple issues that I can't seem to solve.

Issues:

1. Very large fps drops in games, will play a couple at 80-90fps and then it will drop to 20-40fps for no apparent reason. I have to restart the game and that usually solves it, but it happens every hour or so. (PUBG)

2. Audio crackling / stuttering on videos, that's youtube or video I've recorder through Shadow Play.

3. In the last couple days it's got much worse, watching videos on youtube the frames freeze / are patchy and audio stuttering. The mouse will lag across the screen. Tonight playing a youtube video will freeze the computer completely and goes to blue screen or I need to hard reboot. I have got 4 blue screens from playing about 2 minutes on youtube each.

What I've done so far:

1. Checked for updated drivers (Corsair One Pro automatically does this so everything was up to date).

2. Rolled back graphics card driver and reinstalled the latest.

3. Uninstalled Chome (Microsoft Edge still freezes everything).

4. Installed other video players, VLC.

5. Run Corsair One diagnostics & virus software, no issues detected and all tests passed.

6. Disabled Xbox Game DVR.

Not sure what to do next. But nothing has made any difference so far, it's only got worse the last few days.

@Megabeard

Hello

Have you been checking your temps?

Have you tried factory restore?

Have you hade Blue screens?

Can you run Uniengine Heaven benches and post your score?

Some times this things help to find the issue

Good luck rest in peace you are not alone & I'm sure some others will come to rescue you

Thanks the reply ;) Yeah about 6 blue screens in the past 2 days. If I play a YouTube video I get a blue screen quite consistently. Last one was "DPC Watchdog Violation". This blue screen error came after factory reset (kept my files). I'm going to try again with a completely fresh install but doubtful it will fix it if it's still happening.

I'll download the benchmark and get back to you.

Temps haven't been out of the ordinary. GPU runs really cool, same for CPU etc. when I get the frame drops the computer isn't hot or struggling at all.

@solrac13

Just completed the Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0. My native resolution is 3440x1440, but I've also done a benchmark in 2560 x 1440.

Pass 1: 3440x1440

FPS: 56.6

Score: 1427

Min: 31.4

Max: 135.6

GPU Temp is currently: 54 degrees celsius.

Pass 2: 2560x1140

FPS: 80.9

Score: 2037

Min: 29.3

Max: 176.4

GPU Temp is currently: 54 degrees celsius.

Settings for both passes:

Render: Direct3D11

Preset: Custom

Quality: High

Tesselation: Disabled.

Fullscreen: Yes.

Not sure whether those scores are good or not, can you benchmark your corsair pro?

• Corsair Employee

Hi Megabeard,

Sorry to hear you having this issue. This is a rather odd, I will attempt to recreate on my end. Can you give me some info on the background and setting of your system? I'm assuming your system is as is out of the box.

Correct, I factory reset and only updated drivers. I have an open ticket with corsair support now. Sent them my DxDiag file, but if it's blue screening with factory settings I think it's stuffed. PUBG will have to wait 😭

@Megabeard

To start with your CPU temps look fantastique!

Are you sure you are reading CPU temps wile on benching, if I was you I would use HardwareMonitor Cupid it records max temps of all system

I will paste your Score results to the specific threat in this formu ( Corsair One Benchs) so u can compare with others!

Thre is a software called Who craches see if you can find it as that may help who ever is helping you.

Also take a look at Event Viewer dont be surprise if u see tons of errors is normal, but do look for CRTICAL ERRORS those will be marked and is not normal having them

Keep on posting

Best Regards and good luck

@solrac13

Thanks for the reply, yes I'm reading temp's straight from Corsair monitoring software and the in-bench indicator. Off bench it drops to 30 degrees quickly.

Is it weird that an intense benchmark doesn't freeze my computer but that a youtube video does!?

I've seen a couple threads about disabling nvidia hi definition audio device, because of a conflict with the mobo drivers, so I'll try that when I get home.

• Corsair Employee
I can't get a response from Corsair tech support because eventhough I've told them multiple times I'm in Sydney Australia they keep calling me at 3am when I'm asleep...

Hi Megabeard,

Unfortunately our tech support is located in North America. If you can PM your support ticket # I can inform the staff that you can only communicate through texts.

Hi Megabeard,

Unfortunately our tech support is located in North America. If you can PM your support ticket # I can inform the staff that you can only communicate through texts.

Yeah I figured. I've returned the PC under warranty to the store. Hopefully they have more luck.

Archived