Corsair Community

Link problems

kons

hi,

atm my link or my CCP are not working properly. but i already discussed that in another thread. in this thread i want to focus on another problem i experienced with link. when i try to reinstall, the uninstall program often fails, freezes, or doesn´t delete all files and program parts (sometimes it says succesfull but link 4 is still completely there) even with "delete config files" enabled.

also the installation often fails or says it´s done when it has done nothing. i even tried delteing everything manually.

ps:

between every step i restart to make sure it´s done properly

my sys:

win10 pro 64 bit

i7-8700k

2x(sli) gtx 1080

corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz 32gb(2x16)

msi z370 pro carbon

samsung 960pro 500gb

i tried it again before using the tool, and suddenly it uninstalled and installed fine without problems. i don´t know why (btw. i always kill every running task/process before uninstalling)

Link still doesn´t find all fans and they have wrong rpm, but at least installation is working now.

i tried it again before using the tool, and suddenly it uninstalled and installed fine without problems. i don´t know why (btw. i always kill every running task/process before uninstalling)

Link still doesn´t find all fans and they have wrong rpm, but at least installation is working now.

Doesn't find all what fans? And what fans have the wrong RPM?

If they are fans attached to the motherboard, ignore it. Known issue to varying degrees with varying motherboards.

5 fans and 1 pump(read rpm only) are connected to the CCP. The CCP finds all fans on startup for about a second, then there are only 2 and they have either 50.000 rpm (fifty-thousand), zero rpm, or strange rpm like jumping between 0 and any number between 0 and 50.000. the fans itself stay either at 0rpm (rare), full speed(sometimes) or are fixed at 1200.

normally they go up to 1800 when i have over 35 degrees(celsius) water temp (sensor on ccp) and down to 500 when i have below 23 degrees and change in between depending on water temp but should be at about 800 (biggest temp range is set for 800 rpm).

so the rpm, fan count and the control are not working correctly. also the water temp is sometimes displayed incorrect (in the case corsair link shows it)

i check the real stats with aida64 because aida seems to be able to show the real fan rpm and water temp most of the time. because of that i think it´s more likely to be a link problem and maybe not a ccp one.

Don't run Aida64 at the same time as Link. Or, if you do, don't have it monitor the Corsair devices (if that's possible; not familiar with Aida).

That's what is causing the problem. Only one application can access the Link hardware at a time. If Aida is reading from the Corsair device, Link can't. And vice-versa. It causes exactly the kind of behavior that you are seeing here.

Archived