Corsair Community

iCUE v3.3.103 and Corsair Dark Core RGB

nlopes

Ever since I've upgraded to iCUE v3.3.103, my Corsair Dark Core RGB will NOT remember it's LED settings. I have it set to a solid color and when I start up my PC or wake it from sleep, it keeps coming up in the random rainbow mode. How do I fix this?

I have Dark Core RGB SE and iCUE 3.3.103 too and i can't see this problem with my mouse. Do you use hardware profiles or software? When i bought this mouse i tried to use hardware profiles with running iCUE and it constantly turns the default software profile. Now i use only software profiles and it working normally.

I have Dark Core RGB SE and iCUE 3.3.103 too and i can't see this problem with my mouse. Do you use hardware profiles or software? When i bought this mouse i tried to use hardware profiles with running iCUE and it constantly turns the default software profile. Now i use only software profiles and it working normally.

Thank you! In iCUE, for the Dark Core RGB, I saw 3 profiles with the name "HW" under "Lighting Effects". I deleted those and have also "Cleared onboard storage" for the mouse under the Settings tab. So I only have one lighting effect setup for the mouse. I believe this to be software and not hardware profile?? How can I tell the difference besides in the name and verify there are no hardware profiles?

Thank you again.

When iCUE/CUE is not running, the device (Dark Core) will be forced to the hardware setting. When the CUE loads after Windows is up, then the software settings kick in. I am not sure what it will do now without the hardware profile. The easier thing to do would have been to copy your static profile to HW1. Then it would have been the same all the time. I know it can be mildly irritating, but there is also some benefit to having it go rainbow during load. It is then very noticeable if CUE fails to load, hangs, or there is some other problem. If you are using it as a background app, you might not notice otherwise.

When iCUE/CUE is not running, the device (Dark Core) will be forced to the hardware setting. When the CUE loads after Windows is up, then the software settings kick in. I am not sure what it will do now without the hardware profile. The easier thing to do would have been to copy your static profile to HW1. Then it would have been the same all the time. I know it can be mildly irritating, but there is also some benefit to having it go rainbow during load. It is then very noticeable if CUE fails to load, hangs, or there is some other problem. If you are using it as a background app, you might not notice otherwise.

That's a good idea and I'll try to create a hardware profile that is the same. I'll see what happens after that. Thanks again!

Archived