Corsair Community

Corsair PWM fans?

oneONLYIdonno

Like many others I have a motherboard that can control CPU and case fans if they are PWM fans with 4-pin connectors (the kind that plug into the motherboard headers NOT the big molex ones).

I see that Corsair is now producing a really nice line of fans But, I don't see the type of connectors listed anywhere. They also don't say whether any are PWM so unfortunately they most likely are not however, I would love to be wrong here.

These fans would look great in my 800D and on my H70.

So my questions are: What kind of connectors do these new fans have? Are any PWM? If not is Corsair planing on making any PWM fans, IMO they really should.

:D:

• 3 weeks later...
That's to bad. I know they want to sell their fan/lighting controller and while I'm sure it works fine, I hope they come to realize that for various reasons there are some of us that will never buy that controller and would instead opt for PWM fans. I think their missing out on a good portion of the case fan market.:confused:

That's to bad. I know they want to sell their fan/lighting controller and while I'm sure it works fine, I hope they come to realize that for various reasons there are some of us that will never buy that controller and would instead opt for PWM fans. I think their missing out on a good portion of the case fan market.:confused:

What is the reason that you prefer PWM to 3-pin fans? (Not a troll, an honest question. :confused: )

• Corsair Employee
That's to bad. I know they want to sell their fan/lighting controller and while I'm sure it works fine, I hope they come to realize that for various reasons there are some of us that will never buy that controller and would instead opt for PWM fans. I think their missing out on a good portion of the case fan market.

This is our first shot into this segment, we thought that this would a good start for us to get into the fan market by starting with some great DC fans but I am pretty sure that we will expand our choices in the future.

Archived