Corsair Community

Paranoid about liquid cooling

mercuryaces

Hey guys, I just installed my h100i pro, and I'm paranoid about leakage... How likely is this to happen to me, and if it does, does Corsair replace components damaged by the leaking?

On another note, on my first boot after installing, the cooler was making some water flowing sounds, and then the noises subsided, is this normal for a new AIO while it gets situated, or is this a problem I should worry about?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Very unlikely buddy.. I have had many. and indeed run 3 of them on daily machines and never had an issue

There have been cases of AIO's leaking but this is a very small number in a huge HUGE number sold.. from all manufactures..

anything is possible.

JRaVttH.gif

Very unlikely buddy.. I have had many. and indeed run 3 of them on daily machines and never had an issue

There have been cases of AIO's leaking but this is a very small number in a huge HUGE number sold.. from all manufactures..

anything is possible.

JRaVttH.gif

And as for the strange noise on it's first boot up that's gone now. Normal?

The noises are normal any time you take the cooler down to clean and then put it back up or in this case the first install. There is a tiny bit of air in the system and it get pushed back into normal places. You are hearing it go through the pump. More air, more time to settle, but typically it's just a few seconds to maybe 20-30 at most. If it becomes persistent, then you might have really shaken things up and you can try and tilt the case a bit to help things settle. This is rarely needed and not in your case. You get used to that gush on power on. In fact, I find it somewhat reassuring. It lets me know the pump started. Dead quiet is always a bit scary.

Archived