Corsair Community

I need a recommendation for a good liquid cooler

mushroom23

Looking at the case specs and layout (https://www.in-win.com/en/gaming-chassis/G7), it looks like your only options are going to be the 120mm radiators ... H80i/H80i v2, H90, H75, H60 and H55. Of these, the H80i v2 would have the best performance. I'm not sure if that's enough for the i9, especially if you plan to overclock.

I'd look at swapping out your case. That particular case isn't really ideal for water cooling.

You would want the H80i v2 from among that bunch for either of those processors. However, I am a little concerned about how the rear and top-rear fans come together. The spacing looks rather tight and In Win cases often lack flexibility when it comes to these things. The product page doesn't really provide any detailed cooler information and there are instances where you may be able to place a fan, but not a radiator of similar size. The top panel looks like a double space from the exterior, but one of the interior shots suggests it can only handle a single fan. If you are unsure of the sizes that fit in the case, you may need to ask In Win. At the moment, it looks the only real option is a H80i v2 in the rear slot while abandoning the top fan. Additional exhaust could come from the side panel.

Sort of... That case falls into a growing category of models that have really shallow tops and cannot support some radiators in the most common position. On their own site, Phanteks lists no cooling compatibility for the top at all. It says a 280mm can be front mounted, but looking at the front rail it appears like it was really meant for 120mm wide fans and there will be portions of the fan or radiator obstructed. So yes it fits, but it may not be as simple as 8 screws and done.

The other thing to keep in mind is if you are targeting a "sound proof case", many of those models have features that make cooling efficiency more difficult. These include things like those solid front/top panels that then have tiny air slots on the top or sides. This can change how well the radiator performs and the almost universal consequence of trying to keep noise energy inside the case, is to also keep heat energy inside the case. I don't know your main use or overall goal, but those are two big CPUs on your wish list. There will be some CPU heat to expel.

I would prefer a full tower case ,the thing is that i don't have room in my desk ,but for the cpu that i'm going to get ,i had to buy a new cooler because i don't think that the current cooler that i have will be good enough(water cooler thermaltake 3.0 performer)so i had to buy a new mid tower case because of that and still that it will not fit in the best way but it will fit.

When it comes to tower shapes, it is often width that restricts 280mm coolers like the H115i. The particular one you chose is also shallow at the top making any radiator a no go for that position. Normally, I favor exhausting your CPU/GPU waste heat whenever possible, but if you use one of these silent, restricted inlet/outlet types, I am more inclined to try intake (front mounted) cooling. While the overall volume of air you can put through it is still restricted, that may be better than trying force warm out of a confined space in which the radiator also resides. This tends to wrap the radiator in a heat blanket and does affect cooling performance.

It appears you can put the H115i on the front, but any peculiarities are going to be case specific and not cooler model dependent. You may want to read as many user reviews as you can on the case and see if anyone comments about using a 280mm radiator.

Archived