Corsair Community

Link not detecting 2nd Lighting Node Pro

Ragman88

Hey Guys,

Just installed a 2nd lighting node pro on my 570x and added 8 new RGB strips (16 total now) . But Link is only showing one lighting node pro and I can't figure out how to add the 2nd. I thought it would detect automatically?

I've got both Node Pros connected to the Commander Pro via its internal USB headers.

All the RGB strips are lit and following the profile of the rest of my RGB setup (fans, etc.)

What am I missing? Thanks!

should auto detect. all 3 of mine did.... but.. I have had to reset one in the past..

[ame]

[/ame]

would need to download the firmware and i think the one he links to in the video is an old one......... there are links to new one on here somewhere but I am at work atm and not got time to search for it.....

edit.. could install the one he links to and then update normally

OK, so I find out that the 8 new RGB strips are NOT following the rest of my RGB protocol.

I think it is a CoPro issue. Specifically, one of the USB headers is not working. When I switch out one Node Pro for the other in the USB header the new node pro work fine and is recognized and the other isn't. Basically, Link is recognizing only the node pro that is plugged into one of the headers in the CoPro. Both work in the working USB header; neither work when plugged into the other.

Is there a way to reset the CoPro, etc. to see if that would be an option to fix the issue? I'd rather not have to RMA the CoPro since that would take down my machine for a few days (no fan power).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Nevermind -- I'm an idiot. I didn't properly plugin the USB connector (I had it offset by a pin).

Everything is working great now. Lesson learned.

Thanks for your reply, Zotty!

Oh, yeah, I've done that. I was wondering if maybe that was the case. It's easy to do with the CoPro.

I did that too when I was hooking up my pump USB and a Lighting Node Pro to my Co-Pro. And it's not the first time I have installed a Co-Pro. The hole around the pins is wide enough that the USB connector can be misaligned. It's hard to see and easy to do. Don't feel bad. Your not he first!!

Archived