Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 and CMX4GX3M2A160 problems?

pcguy

I am seeing BSOD with Stop 124 errors on Win7 Home Prem x64. The BSOD intially started showing up during the beginning of the installation of Windows 7 Home Prem x64. Now the BSOD is happening when Windows 7 has booted up. I have yet to install the drivers off the CD from Gigabyte for Marvel 91xx Config ATA Device and the other the Universal Serial Bus Controller which I assume are the SATA3 and USB3 drivers. Using one 500GB WD green hd. All SATA is AHCI mode.

I also noticed that this computer's case speaker in the Coolermaster Centurion 5 case will emit a single beep on initial boot up of Windows and also possibly while the computer is just sitting there with Win7 booted.

Removing one stick of memory still results in BSOD stop 124 when I attempt to install the mb drivers.

Well the machine was fine until I went and installed critical updates and during the process the machine crashed again with Stop Error 124.

Win7 by default puts the computer to sleep after 30 mins. Well this computer will not resume out of hibernation. It powers on but there is no video nor hard drive activity. Even after hitting the reset button or power button same result. The only way I got it to boot properly is to pull the stick of memory in the DDR3_3 slot. Once I got it to resume I could put the stick back into the slot.

THis happened yesterday as well. The problem does not occur when the system is running in single channel mode with either stick in DDR3_1 slot

:(:

I disabled the XMP and went in and changed the QDI to 1.21 and DRAM voltage to 1.64v. Both of the memory sticks are 9-9-9-24 tRRD=5 tWRP=21 tRFC=74 tCMD=1

Seems to be stable and has fixed the hibernation problem. Does any see a problem using these settings?

Seems the annoying single beep from this motherboard may be due to adjusting the voltage settings in the bios http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56502 . Extremely frustrating motherboard memory combination as there is another person with the same memory/motherboard combo and is having this same problem with the system emitting a random single short beep through the case speaker.

Capture2.GIF.38a6afd40e1bef92c388c666d445d723.GIF

Capture1.GIF.45244da51f2f60efb50e7a85e44bcf0b.GIF

• 3 weeks later...
Have not touched the memory or CPU settings using the default values. Have enable AHCI for the SATA controllers. Disabled Serial controllers and Parallel port in BIOS

I did not but take a look at this thread it seems it is related to C3C6C7 option in the bios.

I am trying to find a thread but having no luck. I'll keep looking. I recently read about an odd Gigabyte BIOS bug relating to the USB support. Whatever your current USB mouse support option is, reverse that setting and see if it helps. I know it sounds strange but it did solve a recent issue for 1 GB user.

• 3 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting an almost four year old thread but this machine started BSOD stop 124 code last week. At first I thought it was due to Windows updates that came down a couple of days before.

The system became unstable under normal mode. I was able to get into safe mode and copy some critical files off it before it too BSOD on me. I checked and the manual configuration of the voltages for the memory was still at 1.64v and the timings were still set at 9-9-9-24.

I updated the BIOS to F11 from F4, tried a different power supply, updated drivers for LAN, Audio, Video and no difference. I was running out of things to try so I went and enabled XMP Profile for the memory.

The system seems to be stable as it has not BSOD on me. I did 33 passes of memtest but was wondering other than running Prime95 are there any other tests to run on this system to see if in fact it is stable.

The beeping problem of the computer has not even been looked at since I long ago disconnected the case speaker from the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...
You always have the option to RMA the kit if you wish. Maybe another kit will work and there is only one way to try...Use the link on the left to request an RMA. :)

This memory is almost 4 yrs old and I had problems with the system from day 1 with this BSOD. It had settled down until now. I am in Canada here so I assume I would need to ship it back to US? No overclocking of the system is being done and memory is using XMP setting.

Archived