Corsair Community

Keyboard Malfunction detected in software, how do I fix the issue?

alxea_eve

Hi,

I need help figuring out what the issue is with my K70 RGB Keyboard.

The corsair software is giving a malfunction detection whenever I do something in the software frequently like whenever I change a profile. What is the problem with the software? The keyboard works fine, but the communication between the hardware and software is still broken? How do I fix this? I have my keyboard connected by USB 2.0 ports.

Thanks,

You know, it's funny. I was having this issue too. I hadn't done anything different with the keyboard in several months. For some random reason, the issue started popping up. I even had one of the older versions of CUE that didn't have the tramp-stamp in it, one of the ones that doesn't auto-download the keyboard firmware firmware.

I installed the latest version of the software (which actually installed to a completely different default path), and things are going MUCH smoother from here.

No idea why it would just randomly start happening after several months of being perfectly fine, unless a Windows update did something to it.

I'm still experiencing this issue even after upgrading to the latest firmware and version of CUE. For the record--this has been a day 1 issue for me since I purchased the keyboard early October (k70).

I can make it happen at will by spamming the num lock key while running the "Mega Rainbow" profile. Sometimes it happens in 5 seconds, sometimes it takes 20 seconds... but none the less if you spam the numlock key it locks up.

Now, I never spam the numlock key so if it was isolated to only this scenario that would be fine. Unfortunately it happens at random other times as well. Being that I work in IT I always try to find a way to reproduce an issue so I can trouble-shoot properly.

Are any of you able to readily re-produce the issue by spamming numlock? I suspect it has something to do with the fact that it's toggling the num lock light (when the device malfunctions those lights stop functioning, even though all the keys work as normal).

Unplugging and replugging (or toggling the switch) does correct the issue.. but this is a work-around not a fix.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived