Corsair Community

K95 not working properly after upgrade to High Sierra

alaskana

I've spent most of the day today trying to solve problems with my K95. It worked fine before the upgrade. A number of the keys have changed. The command key is messed up. If I highlight some words and do a "command copy", that just changes the words to ç, it doesn't copy them. If I highlight some words and command paste over them that changes the words to √. I can still copy and paste using the menu. I rebooted and signed in as guest user; same problem. I disconnected the keyboard and tried to copy and paste using the macbook pro's keyboard. Command key worked normally on the laptop. The keyboard system preferences asks for the keys to the right & left of the left & right shift keys, just as when I first used the K95. it recognized the type of keyboard. Nothing unusual there. I must have rebooted 10 times. Any ideas? Thanks.

I figured out what happened. When I upgraded from El Capitan to High Sierra the command keys and the option keys got switched with each other. I was able to see this using Ukelele. Once I saw what the problem was I was able to remap those keys using Karabiner.

Archived