Corsair Community

Question About Memory Bandwidth I Just purchased

AWildMat

I was playing around on my new pc recently and saw that in the official ROG app provided with my MOBO in the system information tab it listed my "Max Memory Bandwith" as 2133 MHz. I bought 3200 MHz Vengance LPX. I was just wondering if thats an error or if my memory sticks are faulty or any other reason the reading shows like that.

*Provided pictures of both the box of RAM i bought and the system information SS*

1567627983_ROGSystemInfomemory.PNG.be100ad2b7d49ffc8165b7fec510b452.PNG

854275845_CorsairMemory.thumb.jpg.7a01c9655938f1a5a2d3757834d60a81.jpg

Your motherboard specification sheet/page is the place to that information. Asus lists the B450 as supporting up to 3200MHz, although that doesn’t mean you will be stable at that frequency. In this case, you are set at the default 2133 JEDEC speed and are reading too deeply into the snippet. When your memory is set to 2133, then that is your current maximum bandwidth, but not the end limit of the board.

Max Bandwidth defaults to the fastest availabile standard profile and does not take the XMP into account. That is what the system uses upon first boot, until you manually enable the kits XMP which contains the specified settings in the UEFI.

Check them with Aida64 or CPU-Z, they should both list the available standard profiles and also show the XMP for DDR4-3200.

Archived