Corsair Community

[M65]Trouble rebinding keys

Bohemico

Hi all,

I bought like 2 weeks ago a M65 gaming mouse and never could rebind its keys. While I did use to have the "Macro execution error", today I found a fix to that (The Windows security stuff) and I don't have the error anymore, though nothing changed.

All I'm trying to do is rebind the "Forward button" to middle mouse button and "Backward button" to a toggling autoclick macro, and it doesn't work at all, and it also disables the previous backward/forward function that buttons had.

http://i.imgur.com/dbgw572.png

Do you have multiple profiles that are linked to applications or is the current profile the default one? (First profile in the list)

Have you tried assigning the buttons to other functions? e.g. remap to a keystroke, macro? Do they work?

Reinstall CUE and see whether that also helps.

Thank you for your answer.

I have multiple profiles linked to applications.

I have no issue for other functions. The only thing that does not work anymore is my mouse button remap.

But, but, but...

I uninstall the CUE 1 to try the CUE 2 and decided to run back to the first one.

And CUE 1 was impossible to reinstall (error 1722 :There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.:question:)

Then, I just dropped a back-up of my previous CUE installation in the program folder, and everything works fine exept my buttons remap :mad:.

I suppose that a complete new installation of CUE 1 will fix my problem, but I have always that damned error 1722.

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT : I use Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have multiple profiles that are linked to applications or is the current profile the default one? (First profile in the list)

Have you tried assigning the buttons to other functions? e.g. remap to a keystroke, macro? Do they work?

Reinstall CUE and see whether that also helps.

I did all of this and nothing happened. I don't have any profiles linked to applications.

My wanted setup is as basic as it gets, some lighting effects here and there, changed DPIs and the most complicated thing I'm trying is to remap ANY mouse key to ANYTHING. All it does is disable the key I'm trying to remap. Should there be a confirmation button or something to apply changes?

• 1 year later...
just bought the M65 Pro yesterday and want to disable the forward and backward buttons because I press them accidently but it seems that if I select disable option in the menu, after selecting a button (example- forward button) the Cue software then shows all of the buttons are in the disabled mode. It the software doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding what the Cue software is showing me? I'm assuming I'm using Cue 2

It is showing you one action that is currently assigned to whichever button you have selected. You can select the trash can icon to remove the action from the list if you want, and then follow the directions below, or just select the button you want to disable, and then follow the directions below if you want to change more buttons. You can enable and disable the action by simply selecting the button again, and it's icon in the action list (on the left) will disappear if you had already assigned it, or appear if it was not (it is a toggle).

To change a key (like say the "forward" button), do this...

1. Click the "+" to create a new action.

2. Select the action you want to assign to a desiired button (in this case select "disable" from the list)

3. Select the button you want to assign the new action to.

You must do this for each button you want to change. If, for example, you wanted to disable the "Forward" and "Back" mouse buttons, you would need to create a new action as mentioned above for EACH button, ending up with two "disable" actions, each assigned to a different mouse button.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived