Corsair Community

Lighting Node PRO USB issue

Dread82

I just bought the Lighting Node PRO and after I connected all the cables and boot up my system I noticed no light:wtfman: then after long troubleshooting I figured out if I power on my system and turning it off again then i have to open the case unplug the USB cable from the Node and then plug it back in and then power my system on again then the lights works:confused:

I've tested both my USB 2.0 connection on my motherboard I get the same issue, I have tested with other devices working without problems so the port seems to be working without any issues.

I have to do this every day because I'm cutting the power to the whole set up every time I'm going to bed.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue can be?

--------------UPDATE-----------------

here is a small update on my issue

I bought the commander Pro because I need it for a future project in my build and because I was tired of the issue with the usb on the Lighting Node PRO and I thought if it was not working I can return it because then it must be something with my motherboard, but now my issue it's gone, so I think it must be the Lighting Node PRO itself that is the issue.

I'm still waiting on response from Corsair support just to hear what they have to say on the issue, I also updated the support ticket with the new information.

It sounds like a USB initialization issue. I would enable XHCI Handoff, disable Fast Boot in the BIOS and disable Windows Fast Startup (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup).

I just did what you said and sadly it did not work:[pouts:

When I have to issue is not showing up in iCUE either until I unplug and plug the usb back in again

A final thing to try would be a different cable. You can use a standard miniUSB cable and plug into the back.

From there, it may be a good idea to drop a note to Corsair tech support.

I forgot to say I already tried that and it did not work either.

Thanks for the help I will update you with the information from the support if there is any solution or not

• 5 months later...
I recently bought the Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA RGB Mid-Tower Tempered Glass Gaming Case, which actually comes with the Lighting Node Pro and the CORSAIR RGB Fan LED Hub. For me to get it working I have to unplug the mini usb from the Lighting Node Pro as well as the SATA connection and reconnect them both. I'm thinking it could insufficient power/electricity coming from the Power Supply. Any updates or solutions to this problem yet?

No, its not insufficient power from the PSU. The LNP MCU draws very little power over USB and will initialize without SATA power connected.

It's an initialization issue with your system. There are various tweaks on both the BIOS and Windows that bypass normal USB initialization.

I'm having trouble finding the "XHCI Handoff" in my bios. I couldn't even find it in the USB Configuration Setting. Is there any other way to solve this issue? I've notice the LNP MCU wouldn't power on when I would completely turn off my PSU by turning its' switch to off. To turn on the LNP MCU I would have to disconnect the SATA and Reconnect it. Same goes with the mini USB on the LNP MCU.

I'm having trouble finding the "XHCI Handoff" in my bios. I couldn't even find it in the USB Configuration Setting. Is there any other way to solve this issue? I've notice the LNP MCU wouldn't power on when I would completely turn off my PSU by turning its' switch to off. To turn on the LNP MCU I would have to disconnect the SATA and Reconnect it. Same goes with the mini USB on the LNP MCU.

Exactly the same problem here whith 4 ML120pro rgb fan and the lightning node pro.

I have to unplug and reconnect the sata each time the pc has been turned off to get some light.

+ the XHCI Handoff in my bios(most recent) is missing too on the Asus Sabertooth Z170S (same on Z170A)

Sorry for my english and in advance thank you for the help. ;):

Archived