Corsair Community

Force GT 120 GB Concern

cba1986

Hi guys.

I bought a Corsair Force GT 120Gb abour two weeks ago. Fresh installed Windows 7 x64 with a couple of games plus some others apps. I have 81.8 Gb of free space at this time.

When i installed Win 7 the WEI(Windows Experience Index) score for the disk was 7.9, now after installed Intel drivers i rerun WEI and my score went down to 7.8.

I thought, well is only 0.1 point. Is meaningless.

So i run ATTO an my speeds are in check:

http://i55.tinypic.com/nqpws4.png

But when i checked with cristakdiskmark writes "only" goes up to 135. Same with AS SSD. Sorry, i have no pictures. To be clear is only write speeds that are affected. I don't know what is happening i'm having the same speeds as the force 3.

When in benchs on the net with 1.2 FW the writes goes up to 165. I never tested with 1.2 FW because of my drive came with 1.3 pre-installed.

Can be the 1.3 FW or something else?

PD: I went back to msahci but the story is the same.

PD: I reduced the Pagefile to 1GB. Disable prefecther, superfetch(already disabled by windows 7), auto defrag, etc.

I have the same mobo and CPU as you. Looking at performance data for the same (non-Corsair) SSD in both ATTO and Crystal Disk Mark I see that the results compare well. As I understand your question, you are saying that the write measurements don't compare between the two programs.

Which SATA connector/controller are you using? Are you using the 64-bit version of Crystal Disk Mark? In Crystal Disk Mark is the setting under File->Test Data set to "Default (random)"? Is there a difference when you run the tests on the hard drive?

Finally an answer.

I'm using the intel sata connector. And the 64 bit version of crystalidskmark.

I understand the diff between ATTO and Crystaldeskmark. ATTo uses Comprensible data and Crystaldeskmark uses inconprensible data.

What i want to know is why the write performance of crystaldeskmark decreased from 165(fresh windows) to 136(now with 80Gb of free space).

And the performance of ATTO is "almost" the same from when i installed the OS.

It's strange. I just ran some tests on my SSD and I don't see any significant difference in write speeds compared to a test I did ten days ago.

I'd start by running the the benchmarks in safe mode to rule out something unexpectedly messing with your SSD writes (e.g. antivirus).

Settings I'd check:

• TRIM enabled on the drive
  • Write cache buffer
  • SuperFetch

Perhaps one of these got changed since your install.

I hope this gives you some ideas... I'm interested to know what you find.

Archived