The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/index.php)
-   CORSAIR ONE (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=278)
-   -   Typical fan speed? (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181478)

SkeletronPrime 09-30-2018 05:27 AM

Typical fan speed?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello!

I've owned a Corsair One Elite for a couple of months and have been enjoying it a lot. I've noticed that it's a little louder than expected, and having seen a few posts that show the main fan running at ~400RPMs, I'm wondering what's up with mine (at idle) averaging ~1300RPMs.

Is this OK? My house is currently a bit chilly, so it shouldn't be environmental.

Thanks!

c-attack 09-30-2018 09:07 AM

Can you click on the fan in the Corsair One box to bring up its configuration pop-up? We should be able to see fan settings in there. No, you don't need 1300 RPM at 23C coolant temp. You should be able to drop that down quite a bit.

SkeletronPrime 09-30-2018 09:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I've attached captures of the configuration dialog.

Thanks!

c-attack 09-30-2018 10:50 AM

Hmmm.... that wasn't what I was expecting to see and there does not appear to be varying fan curves. It is possible the Corsair One has specific control parameters different from the operation of stand alone devices. I think we need a One owner or someone from Corsair to confirm. They are very good about monitoring the Corsair One section of the forum.

SkeletronPrime 09-30-2018 10:53 AM

OK - thanks for taking a look, though. I'll be interested to find out.

Edit: I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Corsair Link, no change there. The fan speed is always around ~1370.

nox_uk 09-30-2018 01:52 PM

that's high... must be making quite a noise

nox_uk 09-30-2018 02:09 PM

If you boot up your c1, does it go into those fan speeds immediately or when getting into windows or a bit after getting into windows?

SkeletronPrime 09-30-2018 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nox_uk (Post 974757)
If you boot up your c1, does it go into those fan speeds immediately or when getting into windows or a bit after getting into windows?

Interesting question. I just tested from a full shutdown after being unused for an hour or so. The fan speed never appears to change - I believe it starts at that ~1370 speed immediately. There is no ramp up prior to or after booting Windows.

Corsair StormShadow 10-01-2018 12:24 PM

The CORSAIR ONE has its own preset parameter that cannot be adjusted by the user. Looking at the screenshot, your system is running fine. The ~2K RPM readings are from your pumps (CPU + GPU) and the 1100 RPM is from your GPU blower fan. If you have any other question please let me know.

nox_uk 10-01-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow (Post 974862)
The CORSAIR ONE has its own preset parameter that cannot be adjusted by the user. Looking at the screenshot, your system is running fine. The ~2K RPM readings are from your pumps (CPU + GPU) and the 1100 RPM is from your GPU blower fan. If you have any other question please let me know.

I think he was asking about the other fan that's running 1.3k rpm?

SkeletronPrime 10-01-2018 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nox_uk (Post 974866)
I think he was asking about the other fan that's running 1.3k rpm?

That's the one. Never dips below approximately that speed, whereas other screenshots I've seen in this forum show it running at closer to 400RPMs.

It's definitely not quiet!

Corsair StormShadow 10-02-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkeletronPrime (Post 974870)
That's the one. Never dips below approximately that speed, whereas other screenshots I've seen in this forum show it running at closer to 400RPMs.

It's definitely not quiet!

Oh my apologies, I missed that. That's definitely not normal. Have you open a ticket with us? Please PM me your ticket number.

SkeletronPrime 10-02-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair StormShadow (Post 974990)
Oh my apologies, I missed that. That's definitely not normal. Have you open a ticket with us? Please PM me your ticket number.

Done! You have a PM. Many thanks for following up.

Thanks to the other posters in here too for contributing!

SkeletronPrime 10-11-2018 04:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received my replacement via RMA (thank you) and the fan runs at the correct speed, although there is some pump noise I didn’t hear in the previous unit. Not terrible but noticeable.

Windows Updates finished last night, and this morning the C1 Elite is idling low to mid 40s. I haven’t installed any software. Is this expected? The previous unit ran quite a bit cooler.

Room temperature is about 17-18 degrees this morning.

Thanks...

SkeletronPrime 10-11-2018 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I installed Rocket League tonight and played for a while, it seemed to be in the 60-80 range. I let it settle for an hour after that and I'm down to mid 40s. I think that's just where it's going to idle.