Corsair Community

2nd NVMe Drive

I have purchased the new Vengeance PC and so far I like it. Is it possible to install a 2nd NVMe drive into this system? I would like to add a Samsung 2TB drive to it. I assumed new drives went in the 2nd compartment however it looked pretty filled with all the cord management.

Thanks,

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
there's only one M.2 slot on the motherboard and it is already occupied. You can only install another SSD or HDD should you need more storage.

Got my Vengeance 5180 a few days ago and am loving it! Investigating the specs from the motherboard, am I right that there are 4 SATA-600 slots, one of which is occupied? I'd like to add a Samsung 860 PRO 4TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76P4T0BW), and I think that will work. Am I correct? Thanks for your help in advance.

• Corsair Employee
Got my Vengeance 5180 a few days ago and am loving it! Investigating the specs from the motherboard, am I right that there are 4 SATA-600 slots, one of which is occupied? I'd like to add a Samsung 860 PRO 4TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76P4T0BW), and I think that will work. Am I correct? Thanks for your help in advance.

yes that's correct.

• 2 years later...
I have purchased the new Vengeance PC and so far I like it. Is it possible to install a 2nd NVMe drive into this system? I would like to add a Samsung 2TB drive to it. I assumed new drives went in the 2nd compartment however it looked pretty filled with all the cord management.

Thanks,

Brian

Which system did you buy, the one I purchased, i7200 i9-108050K & 3080 with the MSI Z-490A-Pro motherboard has the option for 2 NVMe drivers, but it disables SATA 5 & 6 on the motherboard when you have 2 installed and Corsair has the second hard drive connected to SATA 5, so I had to move that to SATA 1