Corsair Community

Build Check and Lighting Question

If I get a 460x case, H100i v2, and a 3pck of the RGB Mag-lev fans that come with the lighting node....

...Do I need a Commander Pro or any other modules to enable the lighting for the 3 case fans up front and 3 mag lev fans (2 of which would replace radiator stock and 1 on rear exhaust)? I'm hoping I do not. I'm not concerned about controlling the fans, just getting them functioning and lit.

...Should I get an Asus GPU instead of the EVGA GPU to avoid having too many software conflicts? (Only using Asus / Corsair vs Asus / Corsair and EVGA)? Or does it really matter?

...Can I install and configure with Link and Cue then uninstall them completely or are they needed?

Thanks

I have the LL120 that came with a lighting node. The lighting node has 2 channels So you should be able to use 1 channel for the mag lev and the other for the sp120s that come with the case.

Note: the 460x has a 6 channel rgb hub thing that is glued to the back of the case. THe sp will have to go into that and the other 6 fan hub thing that will come with it will have to have only the ml fans connected to them. Then both of the hubs will connect to the lighting node, if I remember correctly.

I love the 460x compact nature(using it) but I HIGHLY recommend getting a very short power supply such as the EVGA G3, I think cooler master has got a pretty short one aswell. There are probably others

Also I recommend removing the 3.5" drive tray. There is simply no room for cables in the back of the case. So I resorted to 2 things:

1)Remove the 3.5" HDD cage in the basement and use that for cable storage, because there simply isnt any.

2) There is a 3 bay 2.5" thing screwed into the backside of the case. I recommend taking that off completely or using a dremel or a strong pair of scissors and cutting the left most 2.5" bay to allow more room for routing cables. AS the space is so small basically no cables can lay on top of each other once the back is closed.

But don't let me discourage you from the case. I love the aesthetics and the just how compact the case is for fitting a mid ATX Mobo. But there are some compromises. And thats how I dealt with those. I ended up hard line water cooling in the 460x. Huge pain in the *** but I really love the way this case looks.

Thanks for the response. I was planning on using this PSU: https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CP-9020137-NA-Platinum-Performance-Supply/dp/B01NARQ2QU/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1527095935&sr=1-4&keywords=corsair%2B750w&th=1

Is that one too big?

I was also planning on using 1 3.5" Hard drive. Is there no room for that anywhere? Or is it just going to be a tough fit?

You can use a 3.5" with out the tray. I did. I just took a big strip of velcro and stuck one end to the HDD and one onto the floor of the "basement" of the case.

The PSU would fit but it would leave you with barely any cable room. Personally I would I would go with shorter PSU. But consider it apart of the challenger of a more compact case Keep in mind the length of the case is only a few inches longer than an ATX motherboard and also the amount of cables involved with the addressable rgb fans. The 12 total cables

If I get a 460x case, H100i v2, and a 3pck of the RGB Mag-lev fans that come with the lighting node....

...Do I need a Commander Pro or any other modules to enable the lighting for the 3 case fans up front and 3 mag lev fans (2 of which would replace radiator stock and 1 on rear exhaust)? I'm hoping I do not. I'm not concerned about controlling the fans, just getting them functioning and lit.

Nope and, as another response indicated, you can connect both fan hubs to the NoPro. I'm not sure if you'll have the cable though.

...Should I get an Asus GPU instead of the EVGA GPU to avoid having too many software conflicts? (Only using Asus / Corsair vs Asus / Corsair and EVGA)? Or does it really matter?

Personally, I would. There's apparently a way to disable the EVGA lighting sync but if you know it's gonna cause heartburn, why do it?

...Can I install and configure with Link and Cue then uninstall them completely or are they needed?

You can install and configure with Link and then write the settings to the cooler. The NoPro, if I recall correctly, should remember the last settings from Link (but not iCue).

Archived