Corsair Community

ML 120 pro standalone

Wakkos

Hello!

I have 2 ML 120 PRO fans that I'd like to control with iCue. I have a Corsair Hydro 100i RGB Platinum (USB connected to Motherboard) And works pretty well (Lights, I still haven't found a way to manage its fans speed). Also Vengeance memory, working fine.

But I just bought 2 ML 120pro fans to get along with the Hydro 100i and my case has the same LED fans and I can make them work with the iCue software.

I guess that that's not possible, even when I haven't got a clear answer anywhere. So, my question is: What do I need to make them work with iCue? (I want to control LED, speed and monitor them).

A Commander? A LIght Pro thing? a HUB? A New PC?

Thanks in advance.

I am going to assume you mean the two ML120-RGB fans that came with the H115i Platinum. I am not sure we have a certain name for them to distinguish between the other ML models, but lets call them the ML120-RGB High Speed with their 2400 rpm max.

The fans you just bought are hopefully the ML120-RGB (max speed 1600 rpm) and not the ML120 PRO. Otherwise this will be a pretty short conversation about lighting.

While the H115i Platinum has it's own RGB controller, all other RGB fans require one. This takes shape in two devices: 1) a power conduit for the lighting (RGB Lighting Hub); and 2) a device to interface with the software (Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro). You need both. A Lighting Node Pro and the RGB Lighting Hub come in the 3xML120-RGB multipack. If you buy them as singles, then you must also buy the LNP and RGB Hub as standalone products. Most of the time, it is more economical to get the three pack. It looks like you already have two singles. You may want to look at your return options and compare costs or get the missing pieces if you really only need 2 fans.

Take a look at the FAQ:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

By the way, when you get your kit and the 6 port RGB Lighting Hub, you will have the option to put all of the RGB fans onto it, rather than leave the two lighting wires from the radiator fans going to the Platinum cooler. That will put all the lighting controls in the LNP tab (except the pump LED) and make setting up sequenced or wave/ripple effects much easier. I'll leave the final word to Platinum cooler owners, but the standalone lighting capability is of less value once you commit the case fans to the mix as well.

Archived