Corsair Community

Refusal to honor warranty

ljscott1990

Hi All,

Recently my corsair ax860i died on me and corsair refused to honor my warranty.

The reason I was given was as below:

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Missing, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label

This is truly disappointing. I have been using corsair for years. In fact I already have another psu (ax1200i) in my current system and have built PCs for a number of friends using their products.

The PSU is not damaged in any way and I have provided proof of purchase. I do not see how this is in any way acceptable.

The reason why the label is no longer on my PSU is because it had started to peel off awhile back, so I remove the rest of the sticker. I noticed one sticker that say "void if warranty removed" which I did not remove from the PSU. If there was the same warning on the sticker I would have never touched it.

Surely Corsair has some other way of confirming my warranty. I'm sure they would have to open up the unit to figure out why the unit died, so they would also be able to easily see if the unit was counterfeit or anything like that.

As such I can never see myself using any Corsair products in the future and will actively advise friends and family against using their products in the future.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. Is there anyway to get further recourse?

Regards, Lewis.

IMG_20190424_202332.png.46acef07a44af226b357ddf667c7c02f.png

IMG_20190424_202419.thumb.png.28ff9af1e38f6917126bffaea73443c3.png

IMG_20190424_202455.thumb.png.7663293dd4ced2070a6e089fcda6e850.png

• Corsair Employee
Hi All,

Recently my corsair ax860i died on me and corsair refused to honor my warranty.

The reason I was given was as below:

This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:

Missing, altered, or otherwise unreadable serial number label, manufacturer model or part number label

This is truly disappointing. I have been using corsair for years. In fact I already have another psu (ax1200i) in my current system and have built PCs for a number of friends using their products.

The PSU is not damaged in any way and I have provided proof of purchase. I do not see how this is in any way acceptable.

The reason why the label is no longer on my PSU is because it had started to peel off awhile back, so I remove the rest of the sticker. I noticed one sticker that say "void if warranty removed" which I did not remove from the PSU. If there was the same warning on the sticker I would have never touched it.

Surely Corsair has some other way of confirming my warranty. I'm sure they would have to open up the unit to figure out why the unit died, so they would also be able to easily see if the unit was counterfeit or anything like that.

As such I can never see myself using any Corsair products in the future and will actively advise friends and family against using their products in the future.

Has anyone else had a similar experience. Is there anyway to get further recourse?

Regards, Lewis.

DM me your ticket number and I will have a look into this for you.