Corsair Community

Quick H115i Platinum 1920X Tdie 75 at stock question

CloakAndRun

I am looking for a sanity check on the numbers I'm getting. At full load using handbrake to encode blu-rays I'm reaching 75C Tdie. iCUE says the liquid temp isn't getting over 41C after an hour. Fans are quite at 1700rpm. Is this Tdie normal? I haven't even overclocked anything yet. AMD says they start throttling at 68 Tdie but I'm not seeing any noticeable speed hit. Ambient room temp is 19.5C. vCPU is 1.3 as it's stock.

I'm starting to think I don't have good contact with the sTR4 mounting bracket. It didn't really seem to screw down tight for me. I should be getting under 60C at load right?

Thanks!

PS - I've also got the problem where the lights go crazy and USB disconnects the cooler if I use any of the lighting effects other than a static color. Corsair really needs to fix that bug.

PPS - Temps reported by HWinfo64 AND they match Aorus SIV

The contact between cold plate and CPU is probably fine. If your ambient is around 20C, that means your initial coolant temperature was likely around 26-27C and you are now at 41C. That is quite a big move, even for a 12 core, so the chance that heat is not being transferred across the conductive barrier seems pretty low. The only other possibility would be if that was all local heat from the GPUs is responsible for most of the that coolant temp rise and little of it was CPU created. That would require more observation or probably best assessed doing a quick CPU only stress test. I don't have any specific 1920x + 280mm data, but in terms of wattage I would expect a coolant rise of +8-10C over the first 10 minutes before leveling off.

As for the Tdie/Tctl stuff, I am afraid you need a AMD person for that. It is just too idiosyncratic with the various models.

The issue is a bad one, my case. The tempered glass is so close to the 4 intake fans that they are starved for air. I don't know how to solve this problem and keep the front of the case on. With it off, at max load for an hour I didn't get over 63C. If you want to look at the case NOT to buy it's the anidees AI Crystal Cube ATX Tempered Glass PC Gaming Case with 5 x AI AUREOLA RGB Fans.

Thanks for your time.

OK, well now we know where the extra local heat was coming from. It is frustrating and I have been working a similar environmental problem all week and it is wearing me down. You've got some big hardware and actual work to do with it. Generally speaking, you either need a very well designed "blow through" case with lots of mesh to help heat eek out of everywhere or if quiet is the priority, then you need to go as large as you can and go for internal volume. Not always easy to find in either category and compromise is always involved.

Well I figured out a way to get enough air into the case to blow it out of the top. I reversed the airflow on the exhaust fan on the back of the case. With air coming in from the front and rear I can keep the CPU under 67C at full load permanently. It just sucks that overclocking is a non-starter. But I was only expecting 10% at best in a small case so it's not horrible. I needed the system to be as mobile as possible. Thanks again for your time.

Well by adding a Noctua 92mm intake fan to the back of my case I've been able to overclock to 3.85GHz on my 1920x and keep it under 66C. So I now have 4 120 fans on the front and a 120 and 92 on the back feeding the dual 120 H115i on the top of my tiny cube. I'm quite happy with the results now. Best of luck to you all.

Archived