Corsair Community

Firmware for Padlock 2 16 GB

Konstantin

I have issue with my laptop Lenovo T-420 and bitlocker. When I install the security code on padlock 2 with bitlocker code for system disk I can't load operation system because my laptop don't read padlock2. If I use padlock 2 without security code or I use padlock 2 with firmware 2.x, or I use padlock 2 8GB(32GB) I don't have ussue with loading operation system. Can you help me?

• Corsair Employee
I have issue with my laptop Lenovo T-420 and bitlocker. When I install the security code on padlock 2 with bitlocker code for system disk I can't load operation system because my laptop don't read padlock2. If I use padlock 2 without security code or I use padlock 2 with firmware 2.x, or I use padlock 2 8GB(32GB) I don't have ussue with loading operation system. Can you help me?

I am sorry but we are not clear on what you are saying here? Can you be more specific on what works and what does not?

• Administrators

Where are you getting the information that one of your padlocks has firmware 2.x?

As for Bitlocker not working on a locked drive, that is to be expected. Think of the security code on the USB itself as a door to your house. When you unlock that door and go inside, then you turn off your security alarm - Bitlocker. You cannot physically access something inside your house without opening the door, right? Same thing here. Bitlocker is a software encryption system. If the hardware is locked, you can't access the software.

I'll try to explain otherwise. I've 2 padlock flash drive 16GB. I crypt hard drive on my laptop. I use windows bitlocker and I save file with key on padlock 2. If I install hard key on padlok 2(using buttons) my laptop doesn't see padlock 2 and correspondingly bitlocker doesn't see software key wich is in padlock 2. If I don't install hard key I haven't issue with bitlocker. Device information:

VID&PID: Vid_1b1c&Pid_1ab5

Speed: high speed

VendorID: Corsair

ProductID: Padlock v2

Product Revision: 1.00

Vendor Description: Corsair

Product Description: Padlock v2

Serial Number: 1228508010271432090F

But I've second padlock 2 other Product Revision: 2.x. I haven't got issue with my laptop and this padlock. I crypt my hard drive with bitlocker and I save key file to palock 2. I install hard key. My laptop sees padlock2 and bitlocker sees his key

• Administrators

OK, let's try a different example.

The padlock 2 is a safe. You put something inside of it. If the safe is locked, you can't access anything inside of it, right?

You're saying that you locked the safe, but can still access information inside of it.

• Corsair Employee
In addition, when you enable pass word protection on this drive the controller uses encryption of the data on the flash device. There may be some compatibility trying to use both means of encryption. You are not trying to encrypt the whole drive are you? If so then I would not suggest doing that. I would use something like True Crypt and just encrypt a file or folder.

Archived