Corsair Community

H100i gtx cooling issue? Any solutions?

killerx14

I have a Corsair H100i GTX. It has worked well for 2 years now. However, in the past week, my temps been way off. Temp 6 on the Motherboard is typically 20c hotter than the others at all times now, Idle or 100% load. And the package cpu temp is also on average 8 to 10C hotter than the individual cores in the same fashion. Example, temp 6 mobo was 96c and package cpu temp was 80c both under load. (I had to shut the system down of course. Soon after, applied the new thermal paste to the CPU and heatsink, that didn't seem to help. I have also, returned to factory settings from OC from the system bios (that did help but only a few degrees). Mind you, I was running everything at 3.8ghz oc up from 3.2 stock and running my H100 in performance mode almost 24/7. This is prompting me to believe it has something to do with the cooling unit. Any solutions?

863043295_Tempsidle.thumb.png.0c86f09c4d59e43c9801e9736770abb0.png

The motherboard temp data from Link is pretty much worthless. It is not clear what things pertain to, it may switch position from one boot to the next, and they are prone to glitches (0.0 or 125.9C, etc).

However, your coolant temp is a bit warm at 38C+. Typically, you see resting coolant temps around 4-7C above your room temp. I ran my 5820 and 5930 at 4.4-4.5 for years and never made it to that level, except maybe and sustained max load on a very hot day. The real wild card in your set up is those twin 980 Ti cards. That is a lot of wattage to get rid of and when under GPU load your case temps are going to be higher. I can't tell a lot from the Link shot, but if your DRAM temps are in the upper 20s, then the case temp can't be in the 30s. You probably have a slowly building obstruction in the cooler, but make you are taking CPU only level assessments to eliminate the GPU heat effect.

Archived