Corsair Community

Continuous waves/ripples etc?

S7ewie

Hey guys,

Newbie here. Got my K95 RGB yesterday and absolutely love it! It's the first time I've ever had a real mechanical keyboard and it just feels brilliant :)

I've been playing around with the lighting effects and i'm trying to get some cool ripple and wave effects going on. I want to know how people make them continuous. So far I've managed to get some good effects going but it either has to completely end, or get interrupted before it starts again. I cant work out how to "overlap" effects so that i can have continuous rainbow ripples etc.

Also I know this is slightly off topic but it saves me making another one. Anyone know why the macro record doesn't work in game? I can record out of game and then use it in game fine but I can't seem to record it in game. Maybe that's just a restriction from the game I'm playing, or maybe I'm missing something.

S7ewie

Lol wow, I literally just got my k95 rgb yesterday as well and I've been trying to figure out how to do a continuous wave/ripple. Hopefully someone can help us, though I'll keep looking/trying and if I figure it out I'll reply back.

I do but id rather learn how to do it myself.

I tried downloading the rainbow profile and ended up with about 50 different lighting and actions listed as things like "test" which I don't want. I'd rather learn how to do it myself so I can keep it tidy .. bit OCD :P

I do but id rather learn how to do it myself.

I tried downloading the rainbow profile and ended up with about 50 different lighting and actions listed as things like "test" which I don't want. I'd rather learn how to do it myself so I can keep it tidy .. bit OCD :P

did you download mine or just the one from the original post? because mine should be clean.

Also to make a wave the best way is to split the keyboard in to groups and have them all change colors so it looks like its a wave.

Why not simply make a 'All keys' group and then assign to it the wave effect of your choosing and then just have it activate when the select mode starts up. You can just untick all the ending options and it'll just repeat over and over.

Ahh I see when it repeats it stops the previous wave.

So if you make let's say 3 groups, and repeat the wave you want with black segments where the next wave picks up, you can basically fake a continuous wave. :)

Scratch that, I've been wracking my brain over trying to make a continuous wave using multiple overlapping groups and I just can't get the timing right. I can't figure how to get a perfect timing to have the last wave have a new one chase it so that the pattern doesn't break.

Boo.

• 3 years later...

Archived