Corsair Community

Commander Pro works great until...

cawzie

Commander Pro works great until my computer has been on for a number of hours. After I leave my computer running for hours commander pro just stops working, I know this because when the computer starts to go under load and the temps increase commander pro doesn't adjust the fan speeds. This happens even when I try to manually change the RPM or profile.

I turned off all sleep mode abilities on my computer to see if it was sleep mode causing the problem with no luck. The only way I found to fix it is if I shut down the computer and then turn it back on then it works again until the computer has been on for a number of hours.

Any ideas?

On a side note... I am really happy with how commander pro works when its working, love the feature where I can turn off certain fans if the temps are cool enough. A very nice feature for someone that has 3x 120mm intake fans and 3x 140mm exhausts. Running lower RPMs on my intakes and turning off 1 140mm fan during idle and light work helps the case maintain a positive airflow, so dust build up since I installed CP has been a lot better.

Thanks,

Justin

This sounds like a software issue rather than hardware. Can you list the Link version you are seeing this with? Is this a custom curve or one of the presets? What is the control variable on the fans that do not respond?

Its both presets and custom curve that doesn't respond.

Corsair link: 4.9.7.35

Control variable; the fans just sit in their idle rpm state one is set to 0, the others are 900 rpm x2 and 600 rpm x2.

CP/CL after it has issues doesn't update the speed of the fans in the fans area and if I close and restart CL then commander pro doesn't even show up in CL.

Hope that helps.

S'more information, I attempted to uninstall CL while it was having problems with commander pro. When I went through the uninstall process I received an error code 0x80070643. I shutdown and logged back into windows then tried to uninstall and the error code was not present. It seems like this is a generalized error code though.

Its both presets and custom curve that doesn't respond.

Corsair link: 4.9.7.35

Control variable; the fans just sit in their idle rpm state one is set to 0, the others are 900 rpm x2 and 600 rpm x2.

CP/CL after it has issues doesn't update the speed of the fans in the fans area and if I close and restart CL then commander pro doesn't even show up in CL.

Hope that helps.

So ... that's a bit unusual. That would indicate that Link didn't detect the CoPro as connected on restart. This would point more to a driver issue (driver crash) rather than Link.

Question: how do you have the CoPro powered? Do you have any adapters in the mix (Molex to Sata, for example)?

I don't have any adapters its a straight shot into a sata power cable from the PSU. Just for good measure I uninstalled link and reinstalled. I also just installed an updated bios update as well.

I'll keep you guys posted if it happens again.

Issue was resolved by the above steps. Left the computer on all night in idle and in the AM CL/CP worked as it should. I think something got borked during the upgrade process through the update button. A fresh install of it seems to have fixed the issue. I don't get a lot of time to work on my personal computer so I thought pinging you guys here would be the fastest means for some ideas.

When this was happening, were you able to access any part of Link or did it respond in anyway? I rolled back to Link 4.9.7 this week to do some testing and the app is locking up after about 3-4 hours (no sleep). I can't even quit it from the task bar drop down and I have to kill the service. It does work fine on relaunch, but I am wondering if this is the same issue you saw or different.

When this was happening, were you able to access any part of Link or did it respond in anyway? I rolled back to Link 4.9.7 this week to do some testing and the app is locking up after about 3-4 hours (no sleep). I can't even quit it from the task bar drop down and I have to kill the service. It does work fine on relaunch, but I am wondering if this is the same issue you saw or different.

CL did respond but commander pros numbers did not react because they were frozen. If I quit CL and re-opened it then it would blank out and freeze. If I closed out and killed the tasks CL would load again but CP would not show up.

New issue - its happening again, stopped working after about 2 days. Now this eve after a fresh boot I was playing some games and the fans decided to stop working in the middle of it.

I should probably roll back a version or two of CL. Annoying issue to say the least.

I noticed that "Windows driver package - Corsair components, Inc. (SIUSBXP) USB was dated for a previous corsair link install. I uninstalled this and corsair link via add/remove programs and then reinstalled CL. The driver package is showing current as in the date in which link was installed... Maybe these drivers were corrupt somehow?

I'll keep y'all posted on if this fixes the issue or not.

Apparently with the bios updates that happened they released new chipset drivers. I've updated those while keeping one ver. back for CL, so far the CP hasn't had any issues... It seemed to be getting worse in the frequency where it would only happen in idle and it started happening while I was using the computer actively. I think this may have fixed it....

My computer during a restart shut down and I got a bios led error code, wouldn't boot, blank screen. The error code would change after each attempt but they would be "reserved" error codes with it finally sticking on AHCI init. I reset cmos, unplugged all usb devices, and usb headers (nzxt hub and CP hub) tried to boot and got a bios screen but it locked up. I took out the ram and used 1 stick it booted, then put all the ram back and it booted up.

Its been a few days and CL/CP has been working flawlessly. I have no idea what caused the error or the lock ups but it happened around the same time a windows update on the first was installed and I installed another windows update after the lock up it said it fixed some boot issues I believe with a certain brand and model hard drive? Not sure.... But it seems to be working now.

I did switch the usb headers around as well, nzxt went into the other port and the CP went into the other...

I am confused to why its working now though... but there was a delay when the fans came on and off when I switched fan profiles, performance to custom, when i went to performance the fans would take 3-5 seconds (or longer before it froze) to start going faster but now its instant, soon as I click on the fan profile the fans getting going.

Archived