Corsair Community

Safe for AIO tubing to be touching GPU backplate?

CRz007

So I recently put together my first AIO rig but I'm a little concerned about this.

How durable are the tubes on these AIO units? Is this something I should be worried about (long term)?

Here's a picture for reference (sorry for the reflection)

5Fml5kH.jpg

Most rubber tubing of this type is rates well over 100C for obvious reasons. Your top backplate might hit 60-65C and nothing like that temperature at the edge. From that standpoint, it is fine and the tube will not melt. However, being in general proximity to the GPU backplate probably adds some measure of heat into the CPU cooling system. Is that going be crippling? No, but long term I am not sure if I like it just because we tend to be cautious with our hardware. I have the same issue on my H115i Pro top mounted, but the radiator side insertion points are very flexible on the new coolers and I moved the top arm into an elevated position by maneuvering the tube to hang on the corner of the rear exhaust fan. That gives it something of a splayed octopus look, but I think its growing on me. You may also be able to use a velcro tie to put the two tubes together, then find another way to suspend them. An obvious alternate solution would be to flip the radiator around so the hose insertion end is at the front. It seems worse, but on mine that allowed the tubes to just dip under the DRAM slots and then back up. The front end of the backplate should be cooler.

I don't think there is an issue with any of these positions including your current one, but those are some of the other choices. The quick 2 second solution is the velcro tie the two tubes together right at the center of the bend, halfway up. That will move the lower tube off the GPU.

• Corsair Employee

I wouldn't worry about it. We've done this set up a hundred times and never once ran into any issue at all.

For aesthetic reasons, have you tried the tubes positioned toward the front? That its not blocking your rear fan

Archived