Corsair Community

Make iCUE control Asus AURA stuff

digitalizeur

Hello,

I have an Asus ROG Strix Z370-F motherboard with probably 8 rgb lights and a Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC with their rgb ecosystem. And despite having tried with that colored bee free software who failed, I would like Asus and Corsair to be assossiated to have a synchronized rgb lights.

Is it possible to just Corsair being able to recognize those Asus stuff in iCUE directly please?

It's been much requested. I don't know if they are doing it or not but ... consider this:

If they do 1 vendor, they would really need to do them all (at least, where there are SDKs available).

And then they'd have to keep up with new releases of the various SDKs with each iCUE release as well. And test them.

So ... if they are planning on doing it (and I don't know), it's not something that would be simple or easy or overnight. Especially if they want to do it right.

It's been much requested. I don't know if they are doing it or not but ... consider this:

If they do 1 vendor, they would really need to do them all (at least, where there are SDKs available).

And then they'd have to keep up with new releases of the various SDKs with each iCUE release as well. And test them.

So ... if they are planning on doing it (and I don't know), it's not something that would be simple or easy or overnight. Especially if they want to do it right.

I'm sure that's a consideration. On the other hand, all of us a paying a hefty premium for these components, I'm sure just a bit of that margin can be used to keep the fans happy. Asus would be a good place to start as it's one of the bigger manufacturers out there, if not the biggest.

Edit - Also, there's a single stand alone developer who was able to integrate icue and aura successfully. At that point, there should be no excuse for not picking up the ball and doing it legitimately.

I'm sure that's a consideration. On the other hand, all of us a paying a hefty premium for these components, I'm sure just a bit of that margin can be used to keep the fans happy. Asus would be a good place to start as it's one of the bigger manufacturers out there, if not the biggest.

Edit - Also, there's a single stand alone developer who was able to integrate icue and aura successfully. At that point, there should be no excuse for not picking up the ball and doing it legitimately.

Have you considered that Asus and other manufactures might not want to work directly with Corsair? These companies do have some competing products. Working with others means that there will have to be some additional overlapping support. We do know MSI works with Corsair to some degree. You will see their demo device and other products use MSI and MSI even has a jcorsair header.

It would be awesome to see a lot of integration between devices and companies and I think it will eventually happen. Maybe it will take a year or two as standards become realized.

Personally I have worked with another developer to make a tool that controls my Gigabyte board's LEDs. What I am doing is syncing my RGB based off process. I set a profile change in iCUE and I have a tool I wrote that monitors processes and changes RGB Fusion profiles based off game. This way my lights match. The other developer created a CLI that uses the RGB Fusion SDK. My script makes calls to his CLI. He has been very frustrated by the lack of support from Gigabyte. We have no official way to report bugs, we get frustrated by the SDK not supporting all devices that leverage RGB Fusion. He has spent a lot of time on this tool and Gigabyte isn't helping us write community tools. He is getting dismayed and frustrated by this lack of support. I think it is very similar for other MB manufactures, their support and community engagement is lacking in general. If these companies don't want to work with their community to help develop tools pro bono, then I can't see them working with Corsair who have some competing products. There is a reason after spending a lot of time on RGB Fusion I have minimized my use of it and I am focusing on iCUE for my ecosystem. Corsair's community engagement, product quality, support, and great software is the main reason I joined the closed Beta Team.

In all if you want this, try to talk to Asus.

Have you considered that Asus and other manufactures might not want to work directly with Corsair? These companies do have some competing products. Working with others means that there will have to be some additional overlapping support. We do know MSI works with Corsair to some degree. You will see their demo device and other products use MSI and MSI even has a jcorsair header.

It would be awesome to see a lot of integration between devices and companies and I think it will eventually happen. Maybe it will take a year or two as standards become realized.

Personally I have worked with another developer to make a tool that controls my Gigabyte board's LEDs. What I am doing is syncing my RGB based off process. I set a profile change in iCUE and I have a tool I wrote that monitors processes and changes RGB Fusion profiles based off game. This way my lights match. The other developer created a CLI that uses the RGB Fusion SDK. My script makes calls to his CLI. He has been very frustrated by the lack of support from Gigabyte. We have no official way to report bugs, we get frustrated by the SDK not supporting all devices that leverage RGB Fusion. He has spent a lot of time on this tool and Gigabyte isn't helping us write community tools. He is getting dismayed and frustrated by this lack of support. I think it is very similar for other MB manufactures, their support and community engagement is lacking in general. If these companies don't want to work with their community to help develop tools pro bono, then I can't see them working with Corsair who have some competing products. There is a reason after spending a lot of time on RGB Fusion I have minimized my use of it and I am focusing on iCUE for my ecosystem. Corsair's community engagement, product quality, support, and great software is the main reason I joined the closed Beta Team.

In all if you want this, try to talk to Asus.

Done https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?101543-SOFTWARE-AURA-Sync-RGB&p=733189#post733189 25 augustus. And a lot of people are complaining on that thread.

Hello,

I have an Asus ROG Strix Z370-F motherboard with probably 8 rgb lights and a Asus ROG Strix Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC with their rgb ecosystem. And despite having tried with that colored bee free software who failed, I would like Asus and Corsair to be assossiated to have a synchronized rgb lights.

Is it possible to just Corsair being able to recognize those Asus stuff in iCUE directly please?

What exactly didn't work with sync+? My friend has the exact board and it works for him. Although I haven't tried syncing Cue to Aura i have tried the other way around. And hearing from @Fanman03 in Discord Intel boards should be able to Sync both ways. If you have RGB RAM other then the Vengeance RGB Pro you won't be able to control it though since Asus like completely forgot / broke their implementation of RAM control in their SDK.

They should allow people to create plugins that show up as modules in iCUE or, open source iCUE. It is built on .NET after all which is amazing for this kind of development. Open source iCUE wouldn't be a bad idea.

They should allow people to create plugins that show up as modules in iCUE or, open source iCUE. It is built on .NET after all which is amazing for this kind of development. Open source iCUE wouldn't be a bad idea.

I completely agree, if enough people scream loud enough, Corsair will listen. Starting a thread requesting plugin support, and tell people to speak up is a great way to get more features added.

...Open source iCUE wouldn't be a bad idea.

Oh how we wish! Couple things I think the community could add.

That said, there's a lot of competition in the sector and the hardware of corsairs is clearly the best, and the software is either 1st or 1.5th. That said, many other manufacturers who also have decent or even ok hardware at budget prices would love to duplicate what corsair has built in the software. It would be handing over one of the biggest value adds to their competitors.

That said, open sourcing part of it would allow us to add some of the often requested features, like broader title matching or Petro/ChaosBlades and others requests for threaded macro execution. The other issue is reliability and consistency with controlled development - prior planning prevents p___ poor performance.

iCUE ... at least the UI part of it ... is not based on .NET. Only the Corsair.Service is.

As for open source ... that would be a challenge due to licensing involved with the components that they use - specifically CPUIDSDK and the GUI components (QT ... http://www.qt.io). Perhaps some others too ... but those are the big two.

Hey, hey!

Dwag, there is a sticky thread in this very sub-forum, that talks on how to link ASUS and iCUE products.

You can even get the product here:

https://fanman03.ml/dl/

Hello,

I'm somehow affraid when I have ran it, Defender blocked it, so I have also seen that there was already a virus total scan here

https://www.virustotal.com/fr/file/b2676e1bf376d1e50beccdf3895fc91485132260c51d70ba881025ea8de3914e/analysis/

mbam and defender come back clean on it on my end.

I have finally installed it and launched it. This looks like a copy of another software with a bee for the logo and does the same thing.

I have tried to make it work, but I have not seen any explanations on youtube on how make it work...

Archived