Corsair Community

780T Case & MAXIMUS VII FORMULA problem

F900EX

Hi there,

Big Pic warning....

Bought the Corsair 780T case and decided to go with the Maxumus WII Formula Motherboard.

If you look at the pictures below, the motherboard does not correctly aline with the 780T, I have tried everything and its about 1/2 inch out from the holes on the MB

http://i.imgur.com/aeuDsyq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KwjXxxR.jpg

After removing the I/O back out you can see how much its of by, middle circle is where A/M in the 1st picture.

http://i.imgur.com/1bDQwr3.jpg

Is it a case problem or a MB problem... ?

Thanks....

Honestly, from the looks of the pictures (especially KwjXxxR.jpg), the motherboard doesn't look like it's properly seated inside the case at all. It looks terribly misaligned.

Does the 780T have the center "stud" riser that locks the motherboard in place? From the looks of the first picture, it does. But in the second image, it doesn't look like you're on that at all. The motherboard should be seated on top of that riser, essentially locking the motherboard in place before you start screwing anything else in. The SupremeFX logo is also at a noticeably sharp angle compared to the PCI slot covers, leading me to believe that you've installed improperly.

Take the motherboard out, and try to re-insert so that the I/O panel inserts go in first, and then try to lock the motherboard in place with that center stud riser that I mentioned earlier through the center motherboard screw hole. Once you're locked in and aligned, you can get to securing the motherboard in place properly with the other screws.

MDOvp -

It does have a center stud, the reason why the motherboard looks misaligned is that I cannot center the motherboard right over the stud.

I have made sure the I/O backplate is correctly installed by making sure both sides "click" in, after that I align the ports with the backplate and there lies my problem, the middle riser is off by 1", the best I can get it is seen in the 3rd picture were I remove the I/O backplate and gently push the motherboard all the way to the left, the center motherboard screw hole is still off by 1/2" to the middle stud.

I mean it should not be that difficult, the motherboard should perfectly fit as long as the studs are in the correct place.

Some people from another site had mentioned the case studs are not correctly in the right place which is why the motherboard won't fit correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just brought the same case and Mobo, I am having the same issue. I can confirm the Mobo fits properly if you remove the I/O shield.

I'm not sure if the padding in the shield is stopping it from lining up, going to have another look after reading this thread.

F900EX let me know if you have found a solution, I'll also post my findings.

At this point I assume I wasn't forceful enough with the I/O shield.

It was definitely the I/O shield.

What I had to do was put the Mobo in place, I gripped the mosfet water block and lifted slightly, it all lined up nicely for all screws. One thing to note is the I/O shield padding requires a little bit of pressure and the strip in between cmos clear and ROG connect requires a little bit of jiggling to make it sit right. The shield will look a little bulged from the back but seems to settle in once the inner padding has been squashed for a while.

All Higher End Mainboard have the foam with anti-static coating applied to back of I/O shield (most likely to prevent grounding).

Just apply small amount of pressure to compress the foam backing on I/O shield (will be a tight fit) until mainboard mounting points lineup with case mounting points.

happened to me as well, same setup, i fit it in by not resting my mobo onto the chassis, then push it as hard as i can and fit the middle stud, then screw..now my io shield looks abit bulge as well, i tried removing the foam but it looks ugly..so i put it back on but not perfect anymore..

I'm having an issue with the HDD indicator on the case will not light up at all.

I plugged my old case HDD led into the Mobo and it worked fine, I have used the connector strip AND flipped the cable both ways incase the +/- was flipped and still no HDD light.

I too the case back the the store after taking my components out and they attached a Mobo that was being repaired to it and it seemed to work fine. When I got back home no luck with my hardware.

Today I'm going back to the store today with all my hardware in it to see if they can make get it to work. I have already raised a Ticket with Corsair Support.

Can anyone give me any advice on anything else I should check?

Archived