Corsair Community

570x + Lightning Node Pro

Kewm

Hey forums/Corsair!

So I've recently purchased the 570x and the LNG-kit for my next build.

But I got concerned I won't be able to use the fans (RGB) controller on top of the case with the LNG. I also got the 460x RGB and couldn't understand how that would be possible when checking how the front was connected to the RGB hub since there's that stupid "in case" controller in between. Can this be true? Would like to be able to change color/mode/speeds on the fly and not get restricted to the Link software. (even though I'll be getting full control/modes on the fans)

//Kewm

I'm talking about the rgb controller on top of the 570x case for color/mode/speed. If I won't be able to use the control on top they might as well done a non-rgb for the 570x as well.

Not sure you quite get what I'm talking about. Doesn't seem that way to me.

The fans are connected to the 6 port fan hub, then there's the controller and afterwards the controller on top of the case is connected to that. I don't see how I could connect the outer case controller to the LNP/hub somehow.

Look at this [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpuHNiFnpmk]video[/ame] to see what I mean?

I don't understand how I'll get that working with the LNP at the same time. I'd be limited to the CL software.

The video doesn't show how it's connected. That's not my system.

That's just a painted 570x, which I've ordered (non-painted).

The top controller is connected to the included controller with "push buttons" (?)

http://i.imgur.com/ri8L8L9.png

See, either the hub goes directly into the LNP or with the mid controller between.

But I guess the built in top controller will be useless..

Oh, so the img does't show? Whatever.

I meant LNP of course, and yes it shows how to connect the controller that comes with the HD120/3-pack. I've gotten a pack with the HD controller of course. You too hung up on the SP120's. Do you even have a 570x? Cause you still don't seem to understand it's the "optional installation" I'm talking about! That the built in controller on the case goes into, which you see functions in the video.

I wish to be able to change color with the controller built in on the case! Not the separate **** (HDLightning Controller) between or be restricted to CL software. On da fly boi! The leds I can deal with CL but fans I'd like the case function. (Ofc it would be cool if leds would work there too but.)

Got my answer from a guy a Corsair.

Unfortunately I will be restricted to the Corsair Link software to control the fans with Lightning Node Pro.

Oh well, too bad.

Still gonna be a lit case!

• 1 month later...
I was able to get my HD120's to work with the top Controls on the 570x, i just removed the plug from the switch between the hub and case controls and replaced the SP hub and controller with the HD hub and controller and just plugged the case into the new hardware (HD controller/hub setup)

Archived