Corsair Community

Installing Windows 7 to S128

I'm having an issue installing Windows 7 to the SSD installed in my Toshiba laptop. I swapped it out for a brand new S128 so i wouldn't have any space issues and still have the issue:

The install reaches the disk setup portion, when i try to select the SSD the install displays a warning saying "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition" and done. I even used diskpart to partition the drive and then bootsect to update the partition so it showed up as a system partition...and got the same message. This is the second SSD I have had this isssue with and have not been able to install WIndows 7 to ANY SSD so far. Is there a storage driver available for the S128 for Windows 7? I have checked quite extensivley, but am unable to find one on this site or on some of the more well known driver sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JB

Its a pretty simplistic Phoenix BIOS and does not allow for setting emulation of the drives in that fashion - i was inferring from the ease at which Vista could be installed that this would be no issue for Windows 7. So you are saying this is a BIOS issue then??

JB

I've installed Windows 7 RC1 32Bit on 2 different netbooks with the S128 without any issues. What is the model of your Toshiba? Have you successfully installed any OS on this laptop with any SSD(you had mentioned 2 SSD's)?

Archived