Corsair Community

Defrag with Force 3 60 GB

SimDuch

Hi reading all the procedures it is said too turn it off (windows service) such I did. Now I cant defrag my regular caviar black 1gb. So can I simply turn off the automatic defrag and not the actual service to be able. To manually defrag my hd ? Sorry for my poor english

Hi reading all the procedures it is said too turn it off (windows service) such I did. Now I cant defrag my regular caviar black 1gb. So can I simply turn off the automatic defrag and not the actual service to be able. To manually defrag my hd ? Sorry for my poor english

From MSDN faq's (Windows 7):

Will disk defragmentation be disabled by default on SSDs?

Yes. The automatic scheduling of defragmentation will exclude partitions on devices that declare themselves as SSDs. Additionally, if the system disk has random read performance characteristics above the threshold of 8 MB/sec, then it too will be excluded. The threshold was determined by internal analysis.

The random read threshold test was added to the final product to address the fact that few SSDs on the market today properly identify themselves as SSDs. 8 MB/sec is a relatively conservative rate. While none of our tested HDDs could approach 8 MB/sec, all of our tested SSDs exceeded that threshold.

Archived