Corsair Community

iCUE compatible pump+reservoir combo

Hi guys,i'm looking for my first liquid cooling custom loop and I have some questions with the pump/reservoir combo.

I was thinking to use the commander pro to control the 6 rgb fans, the card temperature sensor and the ¿pump? but reading about in other post it has left me with doubts.

Can be the commander supply enought power? Also, can the iCUE software detect and control the rgb and flow?

The combo I think to use is:

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-140-revo-d5-rgb-pwm-incl-sl-pump

Thank you :biggrin:

The Commander Pro will not have enough power to power all your fans and the pump itself but you can split the tach and PWM wires from the pump's connector and run the tach and PWM from the CoPro and pump power directly from your power supply.

This will allow CoPro to control your pumps speed and monitor its' RPM.

The RGB on the pump is 12v so you will not be able to control the RGB from the CoPro as the CoPro uses 5v RGB.

Oh I see.

For the RGB led strip I can use one of the two 12V connectors of the motherboard, the only bad thing is that probably I will need to use 2 different control panels,one for the corsair setup (fans and other peripherals) and the Mystic Light for the mother and the strips that are connected to.

Thank you :D:

Same boat here also. One app (iCue) to control fan and LED strip lighting, and another (RGB Fusion - Gigabyte) to control LED on motherboard.

Sucks as I cannot sync the two together.

I wish Corsair would expand their SDK to be able to control MSI and Gigabyte motherboard LEDs...........

I changed my EK pump/res combo to 5v addressable RGBs. It isn't very hard to do, but I'd suggest sync'ing all your pumps/blocks/MB RGB nonsense with your motherboard vendors software, and using the commander pro to control fans and case illumination. I use my copro to control fans based on water temp. The pump is always 100%.

Archived