Corsair Community

Please Help with CX750M modular cables/SLI etc. (4 year old unanswered question!)

NextWorldVR

I'll just paste the exact question that was asked in 2013, but never answered, (here or at Tom's Hardware...)

"I noticed that the cx750m has 2 8-pin ports on the back. They are titled 6+2 pci-e and 4+4 cpu. The PSU already has a non modular 4+4 cpu connecter coming out of the back. So my question is what is that 4+4 cpu port for? (Can it be used for a video card as well as a CPU? Thanks for any help!"

I bet that person didn't expect to wait nearly 5 years and still not get an answer! Good ol Corsair, out there supporting their product, being proactive on other tech forums... :~|

Basically, I have a second type3 modular PCI-E 6+2 (x2) cable with 8pin power-supply end plug, and that looks like it will fit in the bottom '6+2 pci-e and 4+4 cpu' port.

But the wording is confusing, it could easily mean that the top 8 is the '6+2 pci-e' and the bottom 8 is '4+4 cpu'. In which case, bye bye 2nd GPU!

I don't want to risk my second GPU card on a guess, but in 4 long years no one has been able to answer!!!!!!!

Here is the 4+ year old unanswered question link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1826700/corsair-cx750m-psu-question.html

Christ, they tell him it's not SLI capable when it lists that fact right in the specs! The question is marked as answered but it never was!

• Corsair Employee
...type3 modular PCI-E 6+2 (x2) cable with 8pin power-supply end plug, and that looks like it will fit in the bottom '6+2 pci-e and 4+4 cpu' port.

Yup, you are correct. The 8-pin ports on the CXM PSU can be shared with the PCIe and EPS12V modular cable.

Archived