Corsair Community

H100 questions

SATRAT

Hi just two questions

1 could you tell me the length of the hoses on the H100 please

2 Is it possible to mount the H100 in the vertical position with the hoses at the top and will it run ok thanks in advance ;):

Well, since i am waiting for an RMA on my H100 and it's laying next to me;

1: The hoses are 300 mm long

2: Yes, it's a closed system so you can mount it any way you'd like

tack PeroTT Looking at some of these post it's making me think if I should invest in the cooler ??? tack igen

Hej, no problem :)

Well, even though mine died after 6 months i will not hesitate putting the replacement back in.

I have not experienced any noise problems other people have talked about, everything have worked perfectly and quietly since the day I installed it. Until the pump suddenly decided it had enough. I realize though that there are or have been some issues. I do believe that Corsair is one the most serious companies out there that will take care of things if they go wrong which simply cannot be said about several others. If you want to go watercooling "light" which this system is, i could not´recommend any other that Corsair.

• Can someone tell me if the 8 screw-holes in the radiator go all the way through? Is it possible to use a longer screw (or bolt) and make it go all the way through to the other side?
  • And what's the diameter of the screws, used to connect the fans to the radiator?

I need to know before buying, because I may have to improvise a way to mount it into my old case. I don't want a new case, the current one has good ventilation and it looks good.

The screws for connecting the fans and radiator to each other and to PC case that are provided with any of the even numbered H-series coolers are 6-32, 1.25" screws. The threaded portion really does not extend through the radiator, that is on a tab on each of the four corners and two sides of the radiator, for eight total. The area behind the threaded tabs does have the very thin heat dissipating fins that will obstruct a screw if it was put completely through the screw holes in the rad. But they contain no fluid, and are easily pushed aside with a toothpick or very small screwdriver. That will not cause a leak or compromise the cooling efficiency. I have done that on two H60's, with zero ill effects.

I needed custom length screws for my application of the H60's, so I bought extra long screws of 6-32 threads and size, and cut them to length with a hack saw. I've never threaded a screw through two aligned threaded holes on one of these radiators, but I'm certain it would work. It would help to move the thin fins away from the path of the screw before attempting to thread it through both holes.

If passing a screw through the threaded holes in the rad is all you need to do to allow mounting the radiator, you should be fine.

Yes, they will.

I have seen examples whith leakage also breaking mobo, gpu's and psu and Corsair have replaced all of it.

I would assume though that you will need to ship everything to corsiar and they make an assessment on what happened and what to do.

Luckily it is a very very small amount that leaks.

You can (some say should) always test any liquid cooling system components outside the box (prior to installation, obviously) - the length of testing time is up to you - a few hours, overnight, 48 hrs, ect... ...

... place it on a type of material that will show any liquid very obviously, & power the unit on ...

... after testing, wipe the complete unit; especially any & all connection points - look for visible signs of any liquid on the material ...

"Most" leaks; if any; will show themselves during this pre-installation testing ...

However - a totally sealed cooling system should not leak by design ...

... as that's the concept of a "sealed" system - "zero maintenance / zero leakage worries" - right ?? ... ;):

its extremely rare case that it leaks right?

So is it worth the risk, for a pc worth nearly $3000

You don't show your specs but, if you mount the radiator assembly USAdystopia Style (against the hdd cages) you can "minimize" the damage from an unlikey leak.

A cooling system leak can occur from anywhere in the system ...

... the waterblock(s), any of the fittings, hose connections (either side), radiator, pump, reservoir, hoses, ect ...

There's a couple of good reasons those hose grommets are on the rear panel of most cases ...

... although, that concept doesn't really work for the H100.

But again, with a "factory sealed" system - the risk should be extremely minimal, & if it was to leak ...

... well, then that's on the "factory" & their QC - at least, I would imagine so in "most" cases.

There's very little "end user" involvement in the H100 system - you/we/I are totally trusting that the "factory" did it right ...

its extremely rare case that it leaks right?

So is it worth the risk, for a pc worth nearly $3000

Any water cooling system has risks, that is a given. No one can make the decision about whether or not it's worth it except you. How can anyone here guarantee anything about one of the H-series coolers leaking or not.

The number of complaints about leaks in this forum is very, very small, I can think of two apparent cases in about a year that I have been active in this forum. We also don't know how those units were installed or treated. That is not a comment about those people, just a reality.

IMO, if you are at all skeptical about water coolers, don't use one.

...OR put it in a place that is unlikely to affect the components in your build.

Quite true of course, but not always easy. For example, with Corsair H-series coolers, putting the rad at the bottom of the case. Still, the pump will always be located in a higher risk area. What other suggestions do you have?

Also, if a H-series cooler leaks, it's not like it's spraying a pint or even a cup of fluid all over insides of a PC case, or like it's raining inside your case. The only leaks I have ever heard of are drips of fluid, although those can damage things (why don't they make those video cards waterproof! ;):)

Given the layout of most cases, your HDDs/SSDs will likely not get wet. The CPU is usually spared, as is the memory. Usually it's video cards or other cards in the PCI-E slots. Now we see why it's also important to have a bottom mount PS with it's fan pointing down, hopefully it's sealed up enough on it's "bottom" to keep fluid out.

OTOH, consider a full blown custom liquid cooling system. It has a 500 liter per hour pump and anywhere from 1/2 to one liter of fluid. If that puppy pops off a hose, you'll be washing the insides of your case. :eek: That would be an epic flood, and no one that has that happen tells that story in a forum... :eeeeek:

OTOH, consider a full blown custom liquid cooling system. It has a 500 liter per hour pump and anywhere from 1/2 to one liter of fluid. If that puppy pops off a hose, you'll be washing the insides of your case. :eek: That would be an epic flood, and no one that has that happen tells that story in a forum... :eeeeek:

... "pops off a hose" --- "washing the insides" --- "an epic flood" --- & "no one tells" ... ... :praise: :praise:

Now that would be Custom Water Cooling Armageddon for sure – most certainly some super scary soundin' stuff right there !!!

... but, after readin’ all that, I'd better check my "Quick Disconnect 'No-Spill' Compression" fittings ... :roll:

... sure don't want any of them-there silver hoses "poppin' off" on me ... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

SIA - but as someone who owns both : a "water" rig, & a few "alternative to CPU air" rigs - just couldn't help myself ...

... "pops off a hose" ----- "epic" is right, just don't think the "epic steaming substance" is distilled water ... :D:

“tigers, lions, & bears – oh my” ------ sounds like Dorothy needs to stay snuggled-up in Korsairansas … ;):

You can mount the H100 vertically next to the hdd cages OR in the 600t for example you can mount the rad assembly on the mesh door OR you can take out the hddd cages and move the rad farther to the right away from ANY components OR...

From what i've seen of H series leaks , if / when they do leak it normally seems to be from the elbow joints on the block or 1 of the screws leaking , again on the block . Leaks from the rad / connectors seem very unlikely / reported .

Archived