Corsair Community

issues with k8vse and 3200LLPT

gan911

um i have a k8vse deluxe board bio v.1004 with amd 64 3200+. Also in my computer is a thermaltake silentpower 420, bfg 6800 gt, and a seagate 160gb pata drive. I had three sticks of ram before ... 1 ocz 3200 plat cas 2-3-2-5 and 2 corsair cmx512 3200llpt ram. ocz in slot 1, corsairs in slot 2, 3

I recently sold the ocz ram, since who needs 1.5 gig worth of ram anyways

This system has been running perfectly until i removed the ocz stick. The system was very unstable, blue screen of death occuring with every reason possible, from memory dump to other problems. I figured i had installed something that had upset winXP. I've tried to reformat, but i keep running into the blue screen of death in the middle of my format. I finally got it reformatted, after maybe 20, 30 tries. I now cannot boot into windows, as it flashes a quick blue screen of death before automatically rebooting my computer.

I've been trying to get memtest86 onto a cd-rom, since i don't have a floppy drive. Anyways, any help would be very appreciated.

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and I would install the modules in slots 1-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and set the timings manually to whats listed bellow:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable! If you have problems, I would set Enable 2T Timings to AUTO and test it again!

i'm not gonna run a beta bios, since i doubt that'll make much of a difference...the other stick also had a few thousand errors...and i'm running both of them together right now. I'll know the extent of the problem within 20 minutes....looks like warranty repair right now =(

well i'm reformatting again, just to be sure....since i didn't get any memory errors the second time around

but nonetheless i'm still getting blue screens and here's the msg:

stop:c0000218 registry file failure

the registry cannot load the hive file:

\systemroot\system32\config\software

or its log or alternate

it is corrupt absent or not writable

beginning dump of physical memory...

blah blah blah

wtf is going on?

um, 160gig HD, partitioning maybe 131gbs of it....thats all there is. I've gotten my RMA-ed maxtor 160gb HD back as well....and i'm still having problems. AHHH!!!

I suppose i really need to take my ram to another computer to get it tested, but other than that, i really don't know what to do.

It would be best to test in another system to make certain it isn't something else in the system creating theses issue for you.

You can even try disconnecting the hard drive, and another other component that doesn't need to be attached.

Please also try resetting the CMOS to see if that helps. If you need instructions on how to do this, or elaboration on those in the manual feel free to ask.

well, i have to have the HD plugged because i'm booting off of it....

I might reset the cmos soon....

Sooner or later i'll go and get the components tested in another computer,

i'll let you guys know since i'm so out of luck and ideas

• Corsair Employee
Please do let us know, and if you make the partition bigger than 64 Gig you will need to get SP2 installed ASAP. Or you might try a fresh install with SP2 included in your install CD. You might look at this thread at www.asusforums.org and look about 3/4 of the way down a post by Nicoletti on how to Integrate SP2 in WinXP.

• 2 weeks later...

um, i have noticed some new trends in my quest to fixing my computer.

1. i used a stick of another brand of ram (generic) and still had errors in windows installation/bootup

2. when i use the recommended settings 2-3-2-6...on 2.7v i get no errors in memtest86+

....but i'm still having no luck in getting rid of the bootup issues

any recommendations?

yea, when i took it to the computer shop, i did try it on another motherboard with another psu....it was recognized, but they didn't go any further; also the HDD i'm booting off of just came out of RMA, so i figured it was good. I guess i'll goto asus forums and start asking them for help now.... :confused:

Archived