The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   K95 RGB Platinum not recognized by CUE and/or PC (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176049)

Muzziken 03-25-2018 08:33 AM

K95 RGB Platinum not recognized by CUE and/or PC

I have a K95 RGB Platinum and I have the CUE for the K95 RGB Platinum. The CUE for the K95 RGB Platinum Version doesn’t recognize my keyboard. If I adjust the sound or mute the sound, it doesn’t work.
I have a wireless void pro and I haven’t tried it yet but if it doesn’t get recognized by the CUE then what’s the solution? Is it the wrong cue? Problem with the keyboard? Settings with the CUE? What is it?

Also, my keyboards numlock is flickering, why is that? I couldn’t get it off, I looked on other threads and they said that you need to switch the BIOS Mode but there’s no BIOS Mode at the back of the keyboard as well.

Not a techie right here :sigh!: but these 2 problems I mentioned above are annoying. Please ask my questions regarding the topic. I greatly appreciate your help! :biggrin:

JohnX125 03-25-2018 09:22 AM

First of all the K95 Platinum and the Void RGB PRO use the same CUE version (2.24.35). Now about CUE not recognizing your K95 Platinum... I had the same problem with my K95 Platinum too and here's how I solved it: I closed CUE and disconnected the keyboard from the PC. Then I opened CUE and then reconnected the keyboard and CUE recognized it. Then I changed the keyboard's polling rate from 1ms to 2ms and since then CUE always recognizes my keyboard. I don't know if that's going to fix your's but it's worth the try :biggrin:

Muzziken 03-25-2018 09:49 AM

Sure, I’ll try that. Thanks for the help! Hopefully it works. If it doesn’t then I’ll try to seek for help. And of course for the num lock key flashing.

Corsair CJ 03-25-2018 01:14 PM

You could try what's called a "soft-reset" of the K95 Platinum by holding the escape key while the keyboard is unplugged and plugging the keyboard in. If you wait a second or two then release the escape key, the keyboard should flash. This doesn't work for everything, but may help you get your keyboard recognized by CUE.

Muzziken 03-26-2018 09:53 PM

What about the numlock flickering?

EDIT: It worked! Thanks so much to the two of you! It fixed my problem.

JohnX125 03-29-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzziken (Post 946699)
What about the numlock flickering?

EDIT: It worked! Thanks so much to the two of you! It fixed my problem.

No problem bro, happy to hear that you fixed the problem! :biggrin: Now about the numlock indicator... I don't know what could cause it to flicker. :confused:

DanBonehill 10-02-2018 04:44 PM

I know this is an old post now but, I've got a K95 and for the past several months it's not been recognised by CUE, the lights don't work at all, nor does the volume control and the Caps lock etc lights in the top left are constantly flashing, even when the computer is turned off.

I've updated to the latest version of CUE, I believe it's now iCUE and tried both the below suggestions but it's still not worked. Can anyone suggest anything else to try?

SongJiHyoZ 01-07-2019 11:20 AM

Thanks to Corsair CJ and John's solution. :biggrin:

I don't get why such a premium board has this kind of issues.
What I did was:
1) soft reset the keyboard
2) once detected, changed to 2ms right away.

Does 1ms and 2ms really affect anything?
If so... why this keyboard is facing not detecting issues?