Corsair Community

LL120 LEDs on fans issues.

HuntingU2019

About 2 months ago(fans was bought around 4 months ago) my fans started to act up.

I bought the LL120 3-Fan pack with the RGB controller.

It worked well for a while with the fans plugged into the motherboard and one day the LED's started to turn off partially(with around 4 being lid) over time when the PC is running games and sometimes randomly.

It turns on again after I restart the PC or if I keep it on overnight and do nothing on it.

The thing is it only happens if the fans is turned to static light blue or white.

Static green,red and yellow and modes that change the color works fine.

I tried rearranging the fans but the same happens only the inverted way.(The LEDs that goes off on the other fan is on and the LEDs which was on,on the other fan is off).

Later I bought the Commander Pro thinking it will fix it since I thought it might be my motherboard but even on that it's still the same.

Forcing reinstalling the firmware also did nothing.

Reinstalled iCUE and tried LINK as well but still nothing.

I did not know where to post this but i'll post it here to get help. I have a build in the 460X and i have 4 sp rgb fans connected to the led hub. the problem is that i also have 2 LL rgb fans. The LED hub only supports one fan type at a time is what i have read. where do i plugg the LL fans to get the to be controlled with the case? do i have to buy a LED controller and a comander pro or Just commander.

852905012_mycomputer.thumb.jpg.59e3f580713d74fc8aa8e71151000eba.jpg

To control the fan speed you either have to plug it in on your motherboard and use a software like Speedfan or get a commander pro to adjust it in iCue.

To change the RGB I believe you will need 2 RGB hubs for each type of fan.

The commander pro only gives power to fans I believe and not RGB customization.

I did not know where to post this but i'll post it here to get help. I have a build in the 460X and i have 4 sp rgb fans connected to the led hub. the problem is that i also have 2 LL rgb fans. The LED hub only supports one fan type at a time is what i have read. where do i plugg the LL fans to get the to be controlled with the case? do i have to buy a LED controller and a comander pro or Just commander.

I have modified one of Zotty's fine wiring diagrams (and badly I must add), but below is what you would need to run 4 x SP and 2 x LL fans. Having a 460x and using the method in the diagram, you would most likely want to remove the push button controller as it would realistically be redundant and install iCUE to control your Lighting Node Pro.

clnjDowl.jpg

You might also find it beneficial to read the RGB FAQ thread linked below:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

About 2 months ago(fans was bought around 4 months ago) my fans started to act up.

I bought the LL120 3-Fan pack with the RGB controller.

It worked well for a while with the fans plugged into the motherboard and one day the LED's started to turn off partially(with around 4 being lid) over time when the PC is running games and sometimes randomly.

It turns on again after I restart the PC or if I keep it on overnight and do nothing on it.

The thing is it only happens if the fans is turned to static light blue or white.

Static green,red and yellow and modes that change the color works fine.

I tried rearranging the fans but the same happens only the inverted way.(The LEDs that goes off on the other fan is on and the LEDs which was on,on the other fan is off).

Later I bought the Commander Pro thinking it will fix it since I thought it might be my motherboard but even on that it's still the same.

Forcing reinstalling the firmware also did nothing.

Reinstalled iCUE and tried LINK as well but still nothing.

It''s possible that you may have a bad fan that isn't sending the correct signal down the line. These fans need to run in series to operate correctly. Firstly, confirm that you fans are plugged into your RGB Hub correctly, utilizing ports 1, 2 and 3 (do not miss a port; 1,2 4 for example). Providing these are correct, you will need to systematically move your fans RGB connectors around in RGB ports 1,2 and 3 to assess if you have a bad fan (do not hot swap the RGB connectors). Remember though, a bad fan isn't necessarily a fan that doesn't light up, it may just be bad in the fact that it simply isn't passing a signal to the next fan in line.