Corsair Community

Does your H100 work perfect?

LocutusofBorg

I see all kinds of threads about the H100 and the myriad of problems it has.

How about a thread for H100s that work perfect?

I bought mine on 8-21. So for i have had no problems at all. i have removed/installed it 8 or so times for testing and a shroud [which kinda sucks. just bought different shrouds]

So.............Who else has a H100 with no probs?

Tell us

Great idea, I am interested in this too, although I do not own a H100.

When you say "H100's that work perfect", I assume you are primarily referring to the fan controller and it's software, which seems to be the typical issue. Would you not include H100 owners that do not use the fan controller in this survey?

If owners used fans other than the standard Corsair model successfully with the fan controller, I would be interested in that too.

I'm not trying to hijack your thread, and apologize if you feel that way. IMO, the definition of "work perfect" should be defined more specifically.

Mine appears to do the intended job pretty well, but there is still one question i have about how the fans are supposed to work. If i set them to the full speed, ie all 3 lights on, should the fans run at a fixed speed or should they slow down as the CPU cools/becomes less active? Although the fans appear to run at a fixed speed, I would prefer the latter, as i have limited my OC to 4.2GHz to allow me to run the CPU at less than 70C on the lowest setting.

IMHO, it would be really cool ( sorry ;) if the speed of the fans was variable, according to CPU temperature, up to a maximum speed, determined by the push button setting.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

First thing please keep in mind this is a forum and most people that come here do so because they have a problem or question. And most people who don't have a problem do not post on the forum. In addition, the H-100 CPU cooler is one of the best selling 240MM CPU cooling options on the market, I do not know of anyone who is selling as much volume of this type of product as we are at this time. If you were count up all of the problem posts you see on the forum it will still be less than 2% of what we have sold for these coolers.

And I have to add we do our best to try and help anyone who does have a problem. Nothing is 100% perfect. So please keep this in mind before you come to conclusions that are unfounded.

Archived