Corsair Community

BIOS update

fomite

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Hello,

Any news on the BIOS ? When is it going to be released ?

@Corsair Storm Shadow : why automation has anything to do with flashing a bios ? MSI does it for decades...

Let me check in with the team again. What I meant by automation, part of it is to simplify the procedure so it's easy for the end user to perform it.

Thank you all for the BIOS update. Was very easy to install with M-Flash and a Flash Drive. Only issue I had was unable to login with Pin getting an error code 0x8009002d which was easily found to be an error code related to the pin. Just had to login with password instead, disable pin with password in sign-in settings, then re-enable pin and good to go now. Which variant of MSI's drivers for the motherboard is this? Does it include the NVME M.2 updates? I could care less about the "vulnerability stuff".

Thank you all for the BIOS update. Was very easy to install with M-Flash and a Flash Drive. Only issue I had was unable to login with Pin getting an error code 0x8009002d which was easily found to be an error code related to the pin. Just had to login with password instead, disable pin with password in sign-in settings, then re-enable pin and good to go now. Which variant of MSI's drivers for the motherboard is this? Does it include the NVME M.2 updates? I could care less about the "vulnerability stuff".

Any release notes or at least which version is this comparable to:

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270I-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC

I am assuming 7A66v1B - although I am not quite sure what RST 16.9 is. I think the latest RST is 16.0.2.1086 which is an upgrade from 15.9. It would be useful to know which of these two they mean.

• Corsair Employee
Any release notes or at least which version is this comparable to:

https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270I-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC

I am assuming 7A66v1B - although I am not quite sure what RST 16.9 is. I think the latest RST is 16.0.2.1086 which is an upgrade from 15.9. It would be useful to know which of these two they mean.

I will reach out to the team about this information.

• Corsair Employee
Any update regarding instruction? Couple of posts back, i attached ss showing the problem i got trying to update bios. I'm doing something wrong or bios is corrupted for me?

Instructions are in a pinned post at the top of the CORSAIR ONE section of the forum.

I know the default setup of the Corsair ONE has Windows 10 Home installed, but for people who run Windows 10 Pro with BitLocker enabled:

Make absolutely sure you have the Recovery Key backed up and handy, because you'll need it after updating the BIOS.

I know the default setup of the Corsair ONE has Windows 10 Home installed, but for people who run Windows 10 Pro with BitLocker enabled:

Make absolutely sure you have the Recovery Key backed up and handy, because you'll need it after updating the BIOS.

An easier solution is to run the BitLocker Control Panel and click "Suspend protection" before booting into the BIOS. BitLocker will automatically resume after a restart so you'll need to do this again if you manage to reboot into Windows in between update steps.

In any case, as wannerniet points out, you should definitely have your BitLocker key backed up one way or another before attempting a firmware update.

Archived